Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
OK no laughing ,When cutting out all the rust and engine shelf forgot to look out for the brake line on passenger side.Now I need a new hard brake line is it easy to make or should I look for a used one? sawzall-smiley.gif Thanks
URY914
Get a used one from somebody close to you. Than you'll know it will work.
dralf
I first tried to buy some from AA but after waiting 2 months decided to cancel my order and went and bought a brake line bending tool from my FLAPS. They had the appropriate lines (the end fittings were correct) of varying length and I found a Midas shop that put the bubble flare on the ends on the ones I had to cut. Yes I bugger up a few but using the old lines as a template (in your case you have two halves) I did great. I found that a little practice and patience it is not all that hard to do. I have even perfected small adjustments while both ends were already attached by just using my thumbs and fingers, just like the physics do when they bend forks ! smash.gif

Best of luck with what-ever you decide.
JoeSharp
Come by and get one. I would sugest the 18th in the afternoon.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
ss6
My local auto parts store has pre-made brake lines (metric fittings both ends) in standard lengths which I've used to replace both front and rear wheel well hard lines, yours probably does too. Get a cheapo tubing bender while you're at it so you don't kink the tube when you shape it.
spunone
Thanks Guys .Scored one from the MIGHTY SLITS Gotta love this site Once again Thanks to all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.