Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPS in Philly Crew is OK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Got this from a friend in Philly. He works at the airport. Something started on fire in flight and they got down and stopped OK. stuff inside was a loss but the important thing is the crew is OK.
Midtowner
Yeah heard about this story. Very scary situation. I'm wondering if my package was on that plane or not. The fact that everyone is safe is what counts. clap56.gif
SLITS
Elliot was prolly the PIC and tossed his roach in the cargo bay.

Yuppers...glad they got it down and got out safely smilie_pokal.gif
boxstr
Full of 914 parts being shipped by UPS. " Oh sorry for the delay and the burn damage to your new tailight lenses".
CCLINFUPS
GTPatrick
That's the last time that those guys will light up the Weber grill in flight. jsharp.gif beer.gif Sack lunches from now on. confused24.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Thanks for the picture. That's the first time I have seen it. It breaks my heart to see a DC-8 burnt up so bad. Can you say "donor plane"? I don't know who the crew is. I haven't flown the "8" in about 7 years. It's good to hear they are all OK. We don't know what caused the fire. It's under investigation and I have no idea when the results will be known. In-flight fire is one of my bigger nightmares. Right up there with having Slits as a Co-pilot. laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot
tdgray
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Feb 10 2006, 04:02 PM)
Thanks for the picture. That's the first time I have seen it. It breaks my heart to see a DC-8 burnt up so bad. Can you say "donor plane"? I don't know who the crew is. I haven't flown the "8" in about 7 years. It's good to hear they are all OK. We don't know what caused the fire. It's under investigation and I have no idea when the results will be known. In-flight fire is one of my bigger nightmares. Right up there with having Slits as a Co-pilot. laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot

How long 'til retirement Elliot... watch them fires.

:insertfirefightersmileyhere: biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (tdgray @ Feb 10 2006, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Feb 10 2006, 04:02 PM)
Thanks for the picture.  That's the first time I have seen it.  It breaks my heart to see a DC-8 burnt up so bad.  Can you say "donor plane"?  I don't know who the crew is.  I haven't flown the "8" in about 7 years.  It's good to hear they are all OK.  We don't know what caused the fire.  It's under investigation and I have no idea when the results will be known.  In-flight fire is one of my bigger nightmares.  Right up there with having Slits as a Co-pilot. laugh.gif
             Cheers,   Elliot

How long 'til retirement Elliot... watch them fires.

:insertfirefightersmileyhere: biggrin.gif

I turn 60 on May 15th and can't fly after that. I'll have to stay on as a flight engineer till we sign a new contract with UPS. There should be a substantial raise on my pension and I have to be on property (not retired) to be eligible for the raise. We've been negotiating for over three years now, so who knows?
Elliot
GTPatrick
Elliott, . . . . . Hope your can get you guys a good contract and not let upper management push you around. It seems like nowadays that unions are in a bad decline in the airline industry and management is trying their best to stick it to them while lining their pockets with bonuses.
spare time toys
We have a new guy one spot below the VP of maint. His job is to teach the foremen we have how to document all screw ups so we can fire mechanics. He is also keeping track of how the foremen are doing and we have seen a couple get sent to " more desireable locations" Like the one who left Tampa day shift line maintenance to go to Chicago Graveyard crew. We had another who chose to "seak opretunities outside of Southwest". This is not the LOVE airline it used to be. sad.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Feb 10 2006, 07:45 PM)
We have a new guy one spot below the VP of maint. His job is to teach the foremen we have how to document all screw ups so we can fire mechanics. He is also keeping track of how the foremen are doing and we have seen a couple get sent to " more desireable locations" Like the one who left Tampa day shift line maintenance to go to Chicago Graveyard crew. We had another who chose to "seak opretunities outside of Southwest". This is not the LOVE airline it used to be. sad.gif

The amount of love is inversley proportional to the size of the company.
Elliot
Howard
Elliot, my son wanted me to tell you he made Captain at FlexJet. He thinks he can get you in biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.