Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wont idle, but only sometimes?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skatevw
: WTF.gif well, anyone there that can help me? sad.gif
I have this 1974 porsche 914, 1.8 total stock, no modifications done on motor, anyway, I can get in one day, and boy, its doing just great!!! running perfect, idle is fine everything, next day, bearly starts, will idle rough at first, then, 1 minute into running, will just die out at every stop light?
also, the gen. light stay's on sometimes when its acting up?
I was told to change the head sencer, did no good, unsure.gif
I don't know what else to do? If it was doing it always, I would think I could find it by changing a part, but for it to run perfect one day, then run crummy the next, then to go back and run??
the only other thing I did was to clean the contacts on the double relay under the battery, I dont know what they do, but it may have been a coincidence, but it did run good for a while one time, then go right back to bad idle the next time?? WTF.gif
please any help is really appreciated
SLITS
It could be that the vane in your vane air flow sensor is sticking....and the only real cure is to obtain a rebuilt one or a known good used one.

If the idle (via the screw on top of the VAF) was adjusted with the vane slightly open, there would be no air if the vane fully closed.

Just a thought.............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.