Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MISUNDERSTOOD!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
modesto bee "my favorite car" CORRECTION

my 914 was put in "my favorite car" today. the problem is the writer confused the parts car (that is being sold) with the one pictured! confused24.gif oh well, just wanted to clear that up. i plan on keeping ol orange' indefinately

f.y.i. thanks to everybody for all the help with this car smilie_pokal.gif

becouse the link didnt work i copied it below:

THE OWNER: Kenny Miller of Ceres
THE CAR: A 1973 Porsche 914

WHAT SPARKED THE INTEREST: "My dad was a mechanic for as far back as I can remember," said Kenny Miller, 15.

His dad, Mike Miller, was a mechanic for the city of Tracy and at car dealerships until he was injured in a motorcycle accident three years ago.

"When I was about 13 or 14, I had enough money saved from my two paper routes that I was able to buy my first fixer-upper car," he said.

"He got the first Porsche, but it was in really rough shape," said his dad.

"He ended up getting another Porsche so he could glean parts and then parted out the remainder on eBay for about $500. That, and selling the first car, made Kenny enough money to get the current 914," said the elder Miller.

They learned that the bright orange Porsche was one of the first 1,000 1973s produced in Europe then sent to the United States due to high demand.

Again, he bought another "parts" car to help finance the work needed.

With his dad's help, Kenny has been able to restore the car to mint condition and find a buyer in Israel, who will have the rear of the car shipped to Israel for use on one of eight 1973 Porsches there.

"I think now I'm just planning on getting a normal car that doesn't need a bunch of work," said Kenny. A FAVORITE MEMORY: "My first drive in it," said Kenny. "The previous owner took me for a ride, and I loved it."

While he's still too young to have his driver's license, he has been able to learn how to drive the stick shift in his alley and their church parking lot.

— Bee staff writer Kathi Pethoud

SirAndy
QUOTE (orange914 @ Feb 10 2006, 06:33 PM)
heres the link if youd like to view

link no worky ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.