Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headers for a Mild 2.0 4cyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
Lately I've been looking at European Racing Headers for my 2.0 914-4, but had a few questions regarding the power gain, noise factor, etc.

My motor is a 2.0 with stock D-jet, has Euro pistons, a mild cam upgrade, Bursch exhaust (for now), and was rebuilt about 5 years ago. With Euro Racing Headers and their street muffler, about how much of a horsepower gain will I be getting over stock? Torque?

Exactly how much of a nuisance will my car be with these headers along with the street muffler? Will it be setting off car alarms or will it be purring like a kitten?

Also, how much will the headers and muffler package cost? I did a search and read that it is somewhere between $600 and $800, but didn't get a definitive answer.

Thanks,

Corey
brokenmoped
icon_bump.gif ...
Dave_Darling
IIRC, you can expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-8 HP gain.

You'll set off car alarms. After an hour or two of driving, your ears will be ringing.

--DD
Mueller
I have the "street" muffler on my European header, sounds great, of course I've never driven mine for more than 45 minutes smash.gif

it'll set off a few alarms, it has a nice deep sound, not an annoying "fart" can tube sound like most hondas.....

$600 sounds about right for the complete setup, add a few more bucks for ceramic coating which I recommend.
Aaron Cox
i have one on my car... havent heard it run yet...... but today... that will change tongue.gif

i bet it will be on par with the triad.... LOUD and DEEP
brokenmoped
Is there a noticeable power increase? 5-8HP seems like you wouldn't really feel it to me...

Also, does anyone have any pictures of them on the car?
Mueller
QUOTE (brokenmoped @ Feb 11 2006, 04:34 PM)
Is there a noticeable power increase? 5-8HP seems like you wouldn't really feel it to me...

Also, does anyone have any pictures of them on the car?

when your car only has 90+hp or so to begin with, 8hp is a good gain smile.gif

You also get rid of some weigt and heat which is good for the motor in a few different ways....
r_towle
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 11 2006, 11:19 AM)
i have one on my car... havent heard it run yet...... but today... that will change tongue.gif

i bet it will be on par with the triad.... LOUD and DEEP

cough cough.....where is the old triad??

Rich
Aaron Cox
on a shelf......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.