Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
I am looking to add a set of steel flares to my baby. I just got back from the body shop and she is stripped to the bare metal. They are gonna start replace the bad metal and I am wanting to add steel flares. I see that AA makes some. Are they good. I don't want to buy a set and then have the body shop, pulling their hair out trying to get them on. I have not picked out the color yet. Either Red or Yellow. and I am going with a six in it. Should be a fun little thing when I get it all done. Thanks for your help. I will post pictures as we go...
spare time toys
QUOTE (Howie's 914 @ Feb 10 2006, 10:15 PM)
Should be a fun little thing when I get it all done. Thanks for your help. I will post pictures as we go...

And there it is. sad.gif Self induced curse. Never say when it gets done. They hear you ya know huh.gif One thing leads to another and 5 years from now you are looking at taller jack stands cause you dont bend like you used too. What a shame DWD at such a young age ohmy.gif
seanery
why is your picture flopped?

Word has it that the AA flares are pretty good, but show some wrinkles...I believe you'll find the reports on the site if you search AA flares.
Sparky
QUOTE (Howie's 914 @ Feb 10 2006, 10:15 PM)
...when I get it all done. Thanks for your help. I will post pictures as we go...

Ok now listen carefully, put the lid back on the can of glue and step away from the 914. Put the lid back on the can of glue, ok now remember the 914 can hear you. You have just gauranteed that you will never ever be fully finished. Welcome to the lunacy!!

But seriously....
welcome.png

My best,
Mike D.
East coaster
They're not too bad. Any pro should have no trouble at all with them if I fumbled through getting them installed. You (or the body guy) will need to work out the slight wrinkles in the top portion of the flare.

The highlighted areas perpendicular to the flare are the "wrinkles"........
SirAndy
QUOTE (Howie's 914 @ Feb 10 2006, 07:15 PM)
I see that AA makes some. Are they good. I don't want to buy a set and then have the body shop, pulling their hair out trying to get them on.

wow, Right Hand Drive! cool ... beer.gif

looking good. btw. the AA steel flares are of good quality ...
cool.gif Andy
seanery
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 10 2006, 10:37 PM)
wow, Right Hand Drive! cool ... beer.gif

look again wink.gif
goose2
look again  

aha...the printing is sdrawkcab
SirAndy
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 10 2006, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 10 2006, 10:37 PM)
wow, Right Hand Drive! cool ...  :beer1:

look again wink.gif

!taht was i rolleyes.gif
scotty b
AA flares are like any aftermarket panels. They fit pretty well but will need some massaging. Do yourself a favor and buy them from GPR,same parts from the same manufacturer, and in the end the $$ still goes to AA, but you wont have to deal with them directly headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif . Search the site for AA or go down a few posts to find out what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.