Aaron Cox
did you follow up on brads wheels?

AA hijacked.gif
Howard
Jeff, find the camera button that says 'Macro' rolleyes.gif
jonwatts
Dude, try decaf.
sixnotfour
I had to get up out of my chair ,go outside ,dig thru stuff, come back , down load, resize . now you want em clear too. jeeze beer.gif

Macro Thanks

Aaron I got side tracked, Im on em
Kerrys914
Thanks guys..

wink.gif

Opps..I had too many threads going wacko.gif Tha
tdsmoonchild
Maybe a stupid question.....Why a hand throttle?
Kerrys914
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif For when you foot gets tired wacko.gif biggrin.gif

I have carbs and right now I need to keep my foot on the throttle pedal during warm-up.

I am using the hand throttle for start up. When the engine is cold you can pull up on the lever to increase the idle speed. This will shorten the warm-up time and allow me to not be stuck pressing on the pedal.
rhodyguy
ah, cool. can we make the hand throttle install work and still have a lever for the heater valves?

k
balljoint
Caveman Crooze-control too! smile.gif
drewvw

MY buddy used to run a public golf course and at night we could take the carts out. We fabricated a bunch of hand throttles to override the governors on those babies.

nothing like catching air in a golf cart at 50mph!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
FYI - you can buy brand new cad plated balls and ball cups from PMO. They are duplicates of the factory ones just in case anyone does build a hand throttle. wink.gif
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif for conedodger
iamchappy
You can see here how I remounted mine to the side of the tunnel so I didn't have to rework the center console.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 29 2007, 08:43 PM) *

icon_bump.gif for conedodger

Thanks Jeff, My cold morning Dellorto's thank you too!!!
craig downs
Funny I just searched this topic last night and read this thread because I need to make one.
thesey914
Me too -is there basically a rod that attaches to the throttle pedal and the lever bolt is tight enough to hold the pedal in the desired place?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Nov 30 2007, 01:45 PM) *

Me too -is there basically a rod that attaches to the throttle pedal and the lever bolt is tight enough to hold the pedal in the desired place?

Yup, that is pretty much how it works. AAAaaaaaaaron, you make them, I'll buy one.
PeeGreen 914
MEEEEEEEEEEE too. biggrin.gif
alpha434
Diesel engine blanket.

Why wear down your expensive engine just to warm it up? An engine blanket will get you close every morning, and you could put it on a timer.
PeeGreen 914
But what if you are at the AX course and your car has been sitting for two hours on a cold day? Hand throttle would be niceas you finish prep to head into grid.

Well, what is this blanket you are speaking of, and where would you get one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.