Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your...................
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
balljoint
wink.gif Or just tell me.

No holes in my bodywork for a stereo antenna and I'm not gonna make any.

I am currently trying to figure out what my options are as far as the actual antenna goes, and then where I should mount it.

Hopefully I will have to mount one under my new fg hood or decklid to avoid interference from large heavy sheets of metal, but that might be a little more $ than I ought to spend for the sake of AM sports radio.

Search function turns up lots of ideas and plans, so how did they work out?

smile.gif
scottb
satellite radio.....i have sirius and love it.

antenna just sits on the front dash by the windshield or others have mounted it out back off to the side by the engine lid.

iamchappy
Power antenna mounted on upper front windshield.
Mark Henry
I think Gint (or was it Bowlsby) hooked theirs up to the rear window. You know a defog rear window, they said it works great...I think that's what I'm going to do.
neo914-6
I mounted a mast just inside the left targa b-pillar on the small fixed panel next to the engine lid. There's just enough room for it to clear the targa band...
balljoint
Mark, I like that idea a lot, I actually found a post referring to the same thing before I started this thread, however the poster wasn't sure of who had done it either.

more hidden antenna posts

The search continues...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.