Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 to a 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
I am just about to make the decision to swap a '73 FI 2.0 into my '72. biggrin.gif I already have a sideshifter. Is this engine swap as easy as it appears? Just unbolt one and bolt the other in? The 2.0 is a 73 Djet and comes complete. Is the '72 fuel pump still OK? This looks like a no brainer but then that's when I get in trouble. idea.gif
Michael J
Bump one time then I'm just going to jump into it.
toon1
if the car came originally with a TS tranny the engine bar is different and the engine bar mounts. Also, I think the shifter inside the car is different for the TS tranny. If the fuel pump is the three outlet type, that will work with the 73 injection. Other than that it should bolt right in.
Dave_Darling
It "should" just be unbolt and bolt in. The 72 fuel pump will work fine. Make sure you're using the 2.0 FI, including the "brain" and MPS.

You said you've already got a side-shifter, I assume that means your car is already converted. If not, then you'll have some extra work. If so, it "should" as I said be a bolt-in.

--DD
SLITS
If already a sideshifter.....you need

nothing

You will lose ~5 hp by using the 1.7 exhaust system though.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 11 2006, 01:16 PM)
If already a sideshifter.....you need

nothing

You will lose ~5 hp by using the 1.7 exhaust system though.

unless you have SSI H/Es
Michael J
Thanks,
The car already has been converted to a SS tranny and the engine comes with 2.0 exhaust and muffler. MPS and all as well.
mueba.gif
Again thanks and I'll take a few pics as I go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.