Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Curses!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bertus
Ok so I am preping the inside of my car, removed the interior getting rid of a little bit of surface rust on the floorpans, no big deal. I contemplated leaving the sound proof pad on the interior fire wall. Then I decided that would be half-ass so I pull it off. And there is a bid friggin hole behind the drivers seat! It looks to be a weld seam that has rusted, a good 10" off of the floor pan, seems like a very strage place to rust! Anybody else encounter this, can I weld a patch or will I need to replace a larger piece?

ARRGH! headbang.gif

Thanks
tat2dphreak
damn sorry to hear that... Resto design has the back piece, or you can fab a patch to weld in... sad.gif
SLITS
Water leaking down from a poor engine hatch to rear window seal...saturates the "sound pad". Haven't seen one exactly like that, but have seen numerous pinholes in that area and completely rusted out "firewall".

A piece can be cut from a "donor" car and welded in.
rhodyguy
usually the pass side is worse sad.gif . keep looking.

k
Bertus
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 11 2006, 11:01 AM)

k

Luckily the passanger side seems pretty solid, I plan on dropping the engine soon so I should know the whole story soon. What do you guys use to cut out a donor piece? Grinder with a cutting wheel?

Thanks
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Bertus @ Feb 11 2006, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 11 2006, 11:01 AM)

k

Luckily the passanger side seems pretty solid, I plan on dropping the engine soon so I should know the whole story soon. What do you guys use to cut out a donor piece? Grinder with a cutting wheel?

Thanks

grinder is ok, but harbor freight has "body saws" that hook up to a compressor and will make short work of it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.