Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: damn that was a bitch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
these friggin little four poppers dont't have enough humps on the points cam to get em to break so you can can a intial gap for dwell.
the idle has been geting a bit rough so i did some detective work and cleaned up the points instead of replacing them cause i don't have any with me and i'm csob. and put em back in and "F" with em for about a 1/2 hr till i get em to 42% cloise enough. now snowflake runs nice again. i'm gonna have to get one of them electronic coversions. i dont wanna have to do that again.
SLITS
Itsa easier iffin you pop the cap...make a mark on the case, dizzy where the rotor's pointin and pull the dizzy.

So says Slits......

But Ron runs crane/allison in his cars lol2.gif
messix
yeah i thought of that after i'd been doin it awhile. slap.gif
rhodyguy
it's real, REAL easy if you open up the ends of the holes in the hinge arms of the engine lid, so you just loosen the 2 bolts a bit, side the damn thing back, and remove it entirely. makes timing a breeze too.

k
messix
your a smart guy pray.gif
Allan
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 11 2006, 04:04 PM)
it's real, REAL easy if you open up the ends of the holes in the hinge arms of the engine lid, so you just loosen the 2 bolts a bit, side the damn thing back, and remove it entirely. makes timing a breeze too.

k

agree.gif Joe Sharp taught me that trick...

Haven't done it yet though. screwy.gif
Marlow
If you mod the engine lid to be removable can you keep the torsion springs or do you lose those?
sportlicherFahrer
The springs stay on the lid, so all you do is slot the bolt holes for the lid.
rhodyguy
you think it makes points and timing easy...carbs are nothing after the mod. unless you like bending up like a pretzel and tweeking your neck in the process.

k
914werke
one word...Pertronix smilie_pokal.gif
rhodyguy
8 words. carry a set of points in the glovebox, (4 more) a feeler gauge too.

k
r_towle
3 bucks for a set of point...

Or mmmm 125 for petronics...
And for most people that I have seen install them here...it takes two sets to read the manual...so the first set is blown... biggrin.gif

It will be many years before I can justify petronics...

Rich
Flat VW
Pertronics=about seventy bucks, here in Phoenix

Yes, get the polarity correct the FIRST time.

John
r_towle
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 11 2006, 07:58 PM)
Pertronics=about seventy bucks, here in Phoenix

Yes, get the polarity correct the FIRST time.

John

25 sets of points.

I change mine once or twice a year.

so 12 years anyways....

Rich
rhodyguy
agree.gif why reinvent the wheel?

k
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 11 2006, 11:43 PM)
agree.gif why reinvent the wheel?

k

"PerTronix".

I like to think of it as "Retail Therapy".

Or, "One less damn thnig to worry about on this ol' thing"

=-)

Roger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.