Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me with these painted number codes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Mark at www.premier-autosales.com was kind enough to send me these today. Mark is great 914 resource.

These painted letter/number codes occur on the side engine engine tin, front of car, and can occur on one or both sides of the engine, but not always.

There are several different codes for different model years/engine types as shown on my 'Collectibles' website on the 'Plates, Labels, Markings' webpage, and I am missing some. Please look there for other examples at the link in my signature block below.

Any idea what they mean, refer to, or what their purpose is? I cannot make any sense of them, the numbers do not match any reference I have come across. Is there anything similar in the VW world with other cars made by Karmann?

Lastly, do you have any additional number codes on your engine(s) that are not on my website list, that you can post here? Thanks in advance.

This is from a 1974 2.0L car, identical markings on both sides of the engine:
JeffBowlsby
This marking is from the same 1974 914 2.0L car:

JeffBowlsby
This one is from Tom Trudells 1976 914 2.0L 49-state car:

Any guess about what they could mean?

rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.