Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 What is it worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krokodileman
mueba.gif I have owned 30 plus Porsche vehicle but never a 914. Having grown up when these beauties first came out they were always out of reach to a college kid back then. Finally the time has come to get my dream car in the garage. I look on the different websites and the infamous ebay always looking and hoping that the car will be there to keep. Pleasantly I think I have forund what I think maybe what the doctor ordered. It is a nice unmolested,factory stock 914-6 with original motor, wheels, interior and chassis. Tangerine with tan interior and sweet. Except for the steel wheels which were original for the car (Fuchs to be added), the car is stock. What should one pay for a nice car that I am speaking about. It has original engine and trans with rebuilt motor and runs and sounds sweet. I have seen these rocket 914/27,3.0,3.2/3.6 go for 20-45,000 dollars and conversions up the whasu. Is it advisable to go that route or buy the real original. Your feedback is appreciated. Please call me if you know of anything I should know and what to look for. Thanks and awaiting your inputs. Sal 914-262-2701
grasshopper
well, first off welcome.png and second thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif from your description, between $15,000 to $35,000 is a good bet. Make sure to check for rust though ph34r.gif , that can kill you...ask me how i know rolleyes.gif ...check behind the seats, the rear trunk, and under the battery.....(the hell hole)... Good luck!!! smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
Ask some one from here that knows where to look and what to look out for if they would tag along and give the car a once over. Most folks would be glad to help out with a PPI smile.gif
Brew
QUOTE (krokodileman @ Feb 11 2006, 05:30 PM)
:  Is it advisable to go that route or buy the real original.

Depends on what you want to do with the car.

If you want to drive the car HARD, then the conversion may be the way to go.

If you want a very limited-use weekend toy, the original would be more likely to sustain or inflate its value over time.
anthony
I have seen these rocket 914/27,3.0,3.2/3.6 go for 20-45,000 dollars and conversions up the whasu. Is it advisable to go that route or buy the real original.

It greatly depends on what kind of car you want. A 914 with 200hp is a different animal than a 115hp original six.

Porsche Rescue
Shameless promotion: this one is avialable for about $22K
nynone4
biggrin.gif Nice Jim.

I'd probably have to let mine go if someone showed up with $25k.
TJB/914
This 1971 real 914-6 is still for sale in my area. Has a few issues, but can be had for about $10K.

Tom
Porsche Rescue
It must have a lot of issues because the wheels are worth $2000!
degreeoff
agree.gif

BUT, sounds to me like you want a toy that performs....get a GT-6 conversion and do the DE (drivers ed PCA ) and autoX. these things are scary fun with some HP

my $.02

Josh
carreraguy
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 11 2006, 07:10 PM)
This 1971 real 914-6 is still for sale in my area. Has a few issues, but can be had for about $10K.

Tom

Tom:
PM sent to you re: this car.
TJB/914
Jim,
Your right, he sold the wheels. It comes with plain wheels & has rust issues. It's a real rare one for someone who can do bodywork. I thought about making a 1971 M-471 car, but just don't have the time.

Jim, your car is a good one & worth every penny. Turnkey, fire it up and have a blast.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.