Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beeyooteefull 914-6 3.2 with very nice color!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
In the process of selling my 914, I met Steve of Redwood City who said he's never been to a Club event. He mentioned that he appreciated the nice condition of my car and said that he had a 914-6 3.2 he'd like to show me some day.

Today was the day - what a beauty! Some first time events for me; first time I've seen:
- this factory color (Green Metallic),
- trick oil cooler for the 3.2,
-"Deep dish" 6x15" Fuchs - love those!
Plus you gotta love those flares!
Steve still has the original motor in a crate.
Please help me to encourage him to drive this car to the 2/25 914 breakfast in Santa Clara! Please no drooling!:D

The link for 10 more pics is at:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures...l?id=2109252582
Racing916
That must be a LE, I have never seen one so tall and squaty
Racing916
By the way that is a pretty good idea he has for a place to put a oil cooler. Beautiful Car!
Midtowner
Where's the green plaid seats? biggrin.gif
736conver
Thats one of the clown cars wacko.gif
736conver
Nice clean looking car.
carreraguy
OOOOPS! Try this but check out the link too!
rick 918-S
What happened to it? It's so squished!

welcome.png
brp914
Stunning. But I hope he's careful with it. There are a lotta zombie F/N morons out there aiming for it. Recently I was parked at a gas station putting air in a tire. Some idiot backed into my 6, caved in the door and tried to blame it on me. screwy.gif Deserved a good ar15.gif , but its useless - we're outnumbered.
914-8
Cool looking car and awesome color, but is the oil cooler really in a good location?

Hot air from the oil cooler gets sucked directly - into the cooling fan.

carreraguy
I was wondering about that too but forgot to ask. Apparently it stays cool enough though. AFAIK he's had no problems. Any comments Steve?
rhodyguy
irish green!!! wub.gif . hubba hubba!!! stunning!!!

k
McMark
Not Irish Green. The metallic ______ colors were only available on sixes.

Beautiful car!
rhodyguy
well it sure looks like i.g. on my screen. the paint may be metalic but the tone is i.g. . much closer than say willow, zambezi, delphi, palma... hopefully the owner will show up. i'm looking at paint codes and it shows metalics* offered every year for 4s and some 6s, from 70 thru 76.

k
stevesc_us
Thanks Tom for taking the pictures. Being a new member I'm just getting familiar with how to navigate around this website.

For those of you who have asked about the oil cooler location built right into the engine lid, this has proven to be an extremely effective way to keep the motor cool. Even in hot weather and putting the car thru its paces, the needle never gets beyond the mid-point in the temp range!

I'm all about maintaining the originality of the car as much as possible. That is why I still have the original engine crated and in safe storage. I also kept the original engine lid with all the OEM stickers. The one currently on the car is another one found and painted to match the car with the custom cut out with the same factory mesh grill for ventilation.

As Tom will attest, the engine bay is spotless and the motor does not leak a drop of oil.

If anyone is interested, a shop in Southern Cal did the
engine install including the custom oil cooler fabrication. Their website is supertecperformance.com.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.