Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have custome wheels made
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I'm looking for solutions for having my cake and eating it too.

I like the look/weight of cookie cutters but want to go 17"X8 and 10"+.

I know I can have these wheels made but would like to know all of my options for where to have this done.
Use the cookie cutter inners and custom outers.

Has anyone done this here and where was it done? pics? =-)))

This project just keeps getting more and more fun!!!!

Roger aktion035.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Feb 11 2006, 10:46 PM)
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=265949

that's too funny. i was just looking at those kenisis wheels about an hour ago... smilie_pokal.gif $1,800 though. blink.gif

i know i'm going to be spending some money but... i was hoping to invest a bout a "G". =-)

sixnotfour
Weld Craft quoted 150.00 each to add 1 inch to my 15x7 American Racing cast alum. wheels and 2 weeks
Aaron Cox
lindsey racing fuchs....

or ive seen BBS inners and outers fitted to a 16" fuch..... 17" BBS wheel haves....
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Feb 11 2006, 11:28 PM)
Weld Craft quoted 150.00 each to add 1 inch to my 15x7 American Racing cast alum. wheels and 2 weeks

hmmmmm.....

i put out emails for quotes to both places to make a set of 17"X10 and 12's out of cookie cutters.

i'll update on monday.

10's fit so nicely on the front of a 914. Schweeeet!
sixnotfour
Arent "cookie cutters" the cast ATS wheels?

Some Sources for Custom Fuchs-Centered Wheels
Ernies Alloys
13640 NW 19th Avenue #9
Miami, FL 33054
Builds 2 and 3-piece wheels using real Fuchs centers.
(305) 687-0028

Jae Lee, Mirage International
San Diego, CA
(858) 581-1101

Lindsey Racing
530 N. Meridian Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Tech and Info:
(405) 947.0137
Ordering (Toll Free) (877) 943.3565

Gary Stratton, Stratton Motorsport
Orlando, Florida
Builds any size 3-piece Fuchs with factory centers, BBS hardware and wheel halves. Also widens Fuchs wheels by welding,
(407) 629-1911
CarsRUS@aol.com

Truedesign wheels (Jim Lyon)
12200 W 52nd Ave #4
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Builds 2 and 3-piece wheels using real Fuchs centers. About $350-375 for 3-piece; about $250-$280 for 2-piece wheels
(303) 422-5090
(800) 621-6436
jims4848@comcast.net

Weidman Wheels
Oroville, CA
Can widen 6->7" wheel
(530) 534-7903.

sixnotfour
Cookie Cutter
http://www.wheelenhancement.com/index.php?...eelDetail&id=13
Aaron Cox
you can make 17" wheels out of a 15" 'face'? i always thought you needed 16's to do 17's....
Dr. Roger
THANKS AARON.

after seeing this car now i think i like the widened fuch's more....

sure B pretty. wub.gif

oh, and thanks sixnotfour for the leads. i will check allof them out and let y'all know what i find. smiley_notworthy.gif

user posted image
Aaron Cox
they look a little out of scale IMO....

but stilll are neat

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 11 2006, 11:51 PM)
they look a little out of scale IMO....

but stilll are neat

OK, but imagine my 914 with the Sheridan flares on the rear...

widened fuchs all 'round... 10's on the front and 12's at the rear.

here's 10's on the front with the gotti's... little flaring to fit. no problemo'.

Is there something i'm missing or is this cake?

user posted image
Mueller
I've never seen anyone widen a wheel by adding material to the outside portion, it's always the inner to increase the backspaceing......

Is there something i'm missing or is this cake?

it's expensive cake chowtime.gif

If I had a blank check for a 914, the 17" Lindsey Fuchs would be on the top of my list
Twystd1
I agree with Mike,

Lindsey's are Wunderbar...!!!!

Twystd1
J P Stein
All is not sweetness & light with 10 inch wide front wheels.
With my 10s, the scrub radius is somewhere around positive 2-2.5 inches. In real life terms this means steering effort is high....real high. Also the car has low speed understeer when you dial in a medium amount of lock.....by low speed I mean 5 mph.....the front tires kinda skip sideways. I'm fairly sure it does it at 30mph also...as in a tight AX corner biggrin.gif
It's bad enuff that I'm gonna try some 8 in with wheels up front with a bit narrower tire.

Mike:
If you go past 5 inches backspace in wheel widening mode, you need to add spacers....which increases your cost and puts the outside of the tire right back where it would be had you added width to the outside. biggrin.gif
race914
HRE used to offer their 311 model. No longer on their website but used sets pop up now and then
redshift
STOP POSTING PICTURES OF JACK OLSEN'S CAR!

M
Dr. Roger
Miles,

You sound like your having a tough day man. How 'bout a joke to cheer U up?

There was a man and a woman and they had a baby. But this wasn't a regular baby, it was just the head.
The man and woman loved the baby and fed and tended to it just as if it was a regular baby.
One day, on the heads 21 birthday, the father took his son/head into a bar for his first beer.
His son drank his first beer and suddenly out popped a body. He had another beer and an arm popped out. A third beer was consumed and another arm popped out. This continued until the mans son had a complete human body.
The father and sone were very happy but the son had comsumed many beers and was feeling quite anebriated and needed to get some fresh air.
He stumbled outside and then in to the street where he was promptly hit by a car and killed.
Everyone rushed outside to see what had happened and the bartender said........................

He shoud have quit while he was a head. beerchug.gif
Telling that story is making me thirsty. idea.gif
shaggy
"jasons" showed me a set of wheels he got for his new project

they are pedrinis 8's and 9's i think or maybe 9's and 10's, but i know i saw 9's
they were just cut and welded with a larger back spacing

-shaggy
Mueller
QUOTE (shaggy @ Feb 12 2006, 12:35 PM)
"jasons" showed me a set of wheels he got for his new project

they are pedrinis 8's and 9's i think or maybe 9's and 10's, but i know i saw 9's
they were just cut and welded with a larger back spacing

-shaggy

i'm pretty sure those Pedrinis had the center section cut out and welded to a new single piece outer section...

"most" of the places that widen rims on the lower end of the price scale, just widen them on the inside by cutting and adding a "splice"

the more extreme widened rims that'll be made properly are going to cost more...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.