Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody gonna be in Temecula
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I was wondering if anyone might be either passing through or going to Temecula in the next day or two.

I need a spy to stop by and check on the progress of my car. The place is up on Rainbow Canyon Rd.
Marv's3.6six
Yeah, me every workday 9:30 - 6 or 7 pm biggrin.gif I ride Rainbow Canyon rd on my road bike 2 - 3 days a week. What kinda work U havin done?
Allan
Motor rebuild. It's suppose to be done this week. I was just wanting somebody to eyeball the progress and see if the schedule is realistic.

I need it for this weekend.
bernbomb914
where on Rainbow cyn rd? what is the name of the shop? I will go by for you. what is the name of the eng. builder/

Bernie
Allan
Marv & Bernie,

PM'd ya both.

Thanks
Allan
Nevermind guys. Just talked to the mechanic and he still hasn't gotten the parts back from the machine shop. He is also telling me that when they were cutting the heads they found an air pocket in the casting so it will need to be welded and machined.

He says there is still a possibility that it'll be done by Friday. confused24.gif

This is the 6th week. sad.gif
DrifterJay
its not Gervais Engine doing the work is it?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 13 2006, 12:01 PM)
Nevermind guys. Just talked to the mechanic and he still hasn't gotten the parts back from the machine shop. He is also telling me that when they were cutting the heads they found an air pocket in the casting so it will need to be welded and machined.

He says there is still a possibility that it'll be done by Friday. confused24.gif

i win the bet!

jk - that sucks man. ohmy.gif
Allan
QUOTE (DrifterJay @ Feb 13 2006, 11:34 AM)
its not Gervais Engine doing the work is it?

No it's Don Clark at Victory Motorsports. I know he does excellent work it's just taking twice as long as originally scheduled.
Allan
Thanks Bernie!!!

Just got a call from Bernie. He stopped by the garage and found out

that the parts are still not back from the machine shop. headbang.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 13 2006, 11:01 AM)

is it the 2.7 I saw?! I have 2 great shots of the engine and the car..
Allan
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 14 2006, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 13 2006, 11:01 AM)
Nevermind guys.  Just talked to the mechanic and he still hasn't gotten the parts back from the machine shop.  He is also telling me that when they were cutting the heads they found an air pocket in the casting so it will need to be welded and machined.

is it the 2.7 I saw?! I have 2 great shots of the engine and the car..

That would be it.

Post those babies!!!
cbenitah
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 14 2006, 02:16 PM)

That would be it.

Post those babies!!!

im in school right now.. let me see what i can do, have to be after 6 PM though.. PCT

I stod and looked at that engine for a long time when he did my car.. wanted to do a swap.. you would have never noticed the difference.. just slap on a -6 sticker on my engine and put it into your car, voila
clap56.gif
Allan
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 14 2006, 02:19 PM)

That would be it.

Post those babies!!!

im in school right now.. let me see what i can do, have to be after 6 PM though.. PCT

I sttod and looked at that engine for a long time when he did my car.. wanted to do a swap.. you would have never noticed the difference.. just slap on a -6 sticker on my engine and put it into your car, voila:clap:

I asked him to do that with a 3.2 he had just finished. laugh.gif
cbenitah
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 14 2006, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 14 2006, 02:19 PM)

That would be it.

Post those babies!!!

I sttod and looked at that engine for a long time when he did my car.. wanted to do a swap.. you would have never noticed the difference.. just slap on a -6 sticker on my engine and put it into your car, voila:clap:

I asked him to do that with a 3.2 he had just finished. laugh.gif

I saw two impressive 911's when I was there.. one orange and one white.. man oh man was that some nice cars..

maybe i did the swap, thats why it takes him so long to figure out how to mount the engine into your car beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.