Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Prayers Desired
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Les DeHoogh is my father-in-law and the grandfather of Mike9142.0. Since September 2004 he has been bedridden with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, a fast-moving form of dimensia. We're now down to the final stages. He can no longer take any food or liquid, his breathing is labored and his organs will soon start shutting down.

We've been waiting for this for a long time with mixed emotions as we know it will be better for him to be in heaven than to continue being chained to this earthly body, but it's still hard now that we are at this point. We're comforted not only by his strong faith, but also by knowing that he is in no pain.

I just wanted to let my 914 family know so that those who wish can join us in praying that God will take him home soon and comfort my mother-in-law and Mike. They have been the primary caretakers for all these months and each have a very special relationship with this remarkable man. Even though he's been mentally gone from us for a long time, it's still going to be hard.
Allan
Got ya covered.

All the best to you and family.
KaptKaos
Prayers sent.

Joe & Family
Trekkor
I'm sorry you have to see him in such a state.
I lost three friends to death last month.

I'm looking foward to the resurrection of the dead very much.

Acts 24:15

KT
Porcharu
You got mine.
Katmanken
I am very sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

My father-in-law also went from a very inteligent man to a bedridden husk. The last few months he was a vegetable. A very sad sight of a man who was a mechanical engineer, a small town doctor, and created the second cable TV company in the world so patients could watch TV in his office.

It was a blessing when he died and his wife was there to help him out. My mother-in-law was wonderful. Never have I heard or seeen more caring, loving, dignity and kindness. She stayed with him to the end and told him stories about their life together, how much she loved him, and how it was ok to go.

Your wife and mother-in-law will need you in the days ahead. Help them get through the funeral and be there for them whenever they need it.

Go with God,

Ken
TINCAN914
How awesome this board is..Our prayers are with you and your family.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 12 2006, 09:40 PM)
Got ya covered.

All the best to you and family.

Right their with ya.
ventilator01
Your family is on my prayer list.
redshift
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Feb 12 2006, 10:20 PM)
We've been waiting for this for a long time with mixed emotions as we know it will be better for him to be in heaven than to continue being chained to this earthly body, but it's still hard now that we are at this point. We're comforted not only by his strong faith, but also by knowing that he is in no pain.

It's very hard. The most beloved person in my life, was taken so slowly..

Just remember the best of times.

Also remember, he is not pain, if they are medicating him, there is no pain. I wish I could say more.. it's all about rememberance. Tell the funny stories, I'd like to hear a few myself, if you ever feel like it.

Once, my grandmother was taking care of me, and I got in a fight with the huge girl next door (I was like 5), and she made me go sit in my bedroom. So, after about 10-15 minutes... I started looking for a way out of jail..

I opened the window, and removed the screen, careful not to drop it, as I was about 10 feet up, and it seemed like it would help act as a parachute..

It did not!

So, I busted myself up really good, and bent the screen just a little, so I went around to knock on the door... and she says, "Who is it?"... and I mumbled... and she opened the door, and I saw fire shoot out of her head, and then I said, "I felled out of the window!" and she busted out laughing, then we went and got ice cream. That was a great day.

Miles
Flat VW
best wishes, Ernie, Mike and Family,

John
ThinAir
Thanks, gang. You have no idea how much your prayers mean to us.

I cannot say enough good things about hospice care. Not only have they helped care for him for over a year, but the chaplain showed up today while we were there. We surrounded his bed and sang "Amazing Grace" together at the chaplain's suggestion to give Dad a sendoff. What a wonderful thing to do together and not something I even would have thought I was capable of in this situation, but just what I needed to be reminded of.
Gint
All the best to your family Ernie. Especially you Mike.
Lou W
Consider it done. smile.gif
Seagrave
I add my prayers that the Lord will be with the family during their time of grief. Your father will be with God and will celebrate forever.
seanery
I'm so sorry to hear this...He and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. hands.gif
Jeroen
Les will be in our thoughts...
DonTraver
Prayers are with you.

Best Regards, Don
mikelsr
Our prayers are with you and your family.

M and S
Mark Henry
Ernie, I know this is a sad time but he is going to a better place. My prayers are with you and your family.

sjhowitson
Keep your head. Gather the family. Send him all the Love you can. We will pray for him and your family.

Peace
ThinAir
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Our prayers were answered this morning when he quietly slipped away. We're very thankful that this end stage did not last long. Thanks again. You all are the best!
TROJANMAN
sorry to hear he passed ernie, but glad to hear it was peaceful . sad.gif
MoveQik
Sorry to hear this Ernie. Your family is in our thoughts.
Brent
Sorry to hear your fathers passing.
-Brent
Mike9142.0
Thank you to all that are keeping our famly in your thoughts and prayers it means more then you may know.
neo914-6
so sorry... sad.gif
aircooledboy
sad.gif

Revel in the memories, celebrate his life, until you meet again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.