Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green flag for the 2006 racing season
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
The POC started their 2006 racing season with an event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway this weekend.
Walking through the pits I spotted a familiar looking decal in the back window of one of the cars.
VegasRacer
Andy the driver. LvSteveH. Mrs.LvAndreaH. wavey.gif
VegasRacer
Sorry. sad.gif My camera battery died.
The only other photos I got were of a trick window net set-up.

LvSteveH
Note to self...... wear sunscreen, even in Feb. wacko.gif
VegasRacer
Post your pictures Steve. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
MattR
I was supposed to be there, but had to cancel at the last minute (rescheduled midterm). Did you see the spec Boxster? It was the blue one with Stuttgart Performance across the hood. That was our shop car I put a bunch of hours in.
LvSteveH
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 12 2006, 08:44 PM)
Post your pictures Steve.

The photographer dropped the ball. She didn't realize that you have to pan with the cars in order to actually get them in the picture. rolleyes.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 12 2006, 11:15 PM)
Did you see the spec Boxster?

Really?!? That was prepped for the Spec Boxster Class!?!
I didn't get a chance to check it out up close, but it did very well in the race. drooley.gif
MattR
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 12 2006, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 12 2006, 11:15 PM)
Did you see the spec Boxster?

Really?!? That was prepped for the Spec Boxster Class!?!
I didn't get a chance to check it out up close, but it did very well in the race. drooley.gif

It actually didnt race... musta been another car.

It was there for display only. We're the title sponser for the class and were showing off the car.
VegasRacer
My bad. blink.gif
There was only 1 Boxter running, plus it was dark blue, so I thought it was yours.
drew365
I just got home from a very long weekend. It was nice to see Jon and Steve at the track. There were also a couple members visiting from Hawaii, Art and Jeff. They took lots of pictures. Hopefully we'll get to see some when they get home. Except for breaking a front droplink in Saturdays race which caused me to spin, the car ran great all weekend. This was my first event at Vegas and I enjoyed it, but three days of racing is getting hard to handle. The track is really hard on brakes and tires as there are three straights, and everyone including myself was locking them up pretty regular. I need a break after only one event!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.