Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hooray, there is a break in the rain
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seagrave
Sorry for all of you in the Northeast. Big snow. Stay inside and drink hot chocolate (or the beverage of your choice). beerchug.gif . I had a chance to take the 914 out today and drove in the NW Oregon Coast Range. A little cool but lots of fun. Didn't see any other Porsches of any variety all day. More rain forecast this coming week. Glad I got a little seat time to tide me over until the warmer weather comes. You guys in SoCal and the SW sure have it nice: LA = Sunshine and mid 80's. Phoenix = Sunshine and low 80's. Sheesh.
jrcui
Got a quick drive in today to... went from Beaverton down the back way to King City and back. Always looking for another teener in Beaverton but never seem to catch one. dry.gif
Vince
messix
you guys are all a bunch of wussy's. i've been driving mine at least two days a week. rain or shine. it washes up and sleeps in the garage.
Seagrave
Agreed. Call me a wuss. I used to drive it all the time, snow included. Now I have other options. Congratulations for your perseverence and more power to you. I'll just wait until the nice weather thank you very much.
messix
doesn't that big red thing get really bad gas milage
DNHunt
Yesterday was really nice. Took the the wife for adrive with the top off (car's top not the wife's, fell for that one before). Half hour drive was kind of cold but fun.

Oh ya, before that I had a little run with a Carrera S. I wonder how he felt having a 914 on his ass.

And I washed the car yesterday. that's why it's raining today.

Dave
Seagrave
That big red thing gets HORRIBLE mileage. It's also slow...and loud, but it is a whole lot of fun.
Seagrave
Everyone in the great US of A has wonderful back roads, and Oregon is no exception. This photo is not recent but is during the first of the nice days last year, about March, and brought out all kinds of asphalt junkies. Location is Mist, Oregon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.