Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 Triple Gauge Set - RARE factory option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I'm pretty sure that's nonsens, but what do you guys think about it idea.gif

eBay #4613090461
alpha434
Fits under the steering column?

I don't know. Few people know that you could literally call the factory and they would do anything for a very reasonable fee, and have you new car waiting two months later at the dealership of your choice. I don't know that it still works that way. There should be some literature someplace on factory customization.
ArtechnikA
i'd say rare indeed would be the factory 914/4 race car with AC...

"It was available on just a few models with AC..."

so - it's not (IMO) a "rare factory racing part."

is it a factory part? i donno. I've never seen one before, but I don't claim to have seen everything. I'd guess it's just a nice custom part...

i know if i were trying to move a rare factory part, i'd photograph and post the factory part number...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
B.S. but what do I know?
It is suppose to go where the raido was. Did the factory have a raido deleat option?
This probbly is the guy the makes them ,and posts them for sale on E-Bay every now and then.
Dave bs.gif
type47
QUOTE (BarberDave @ Feb 13 2006, 03:52 AM)

B.S. but what do I know?
It is suppose to go where the radio was.

looks like newer VDO gauges that would not have been available 70-76

mis-representation in my opinion
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (BarberDave @ Feb 13 2006, 03:52 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif
B.S. but what do I know?
It is suppose to go where the raido was. Did the factory have a raido deleat option?
This probbly is the guy the makes them ,and posts them for sale on E-Bay every now and then.
Dave bs.gif

"Delete option"? They ALL came with that one. Radios were dealer or owner installed in 914s. In fact, all 914s came with the A/C delete option as well! The consoles were cut down by the dealer or aftermarket installers .......... The auction info is BS, IMO. The Cap'n
tdgray
Yea what he said

bs.gif
URY914
Never heard of that B4. screwy.gif
Eric_Shea
Nice product. Nice pictures etc...

WHY RESORT TO BS and LIES? confused24.gif

VERY RARE Factory racing Option - absolutely MUST SEE
boxstr
I have to agree the seller doe's have an extremely nice layout for viewing the parts. Most appear to be refurbished used parts?? I could be wrong.
He may have been told by Bob and Jim told Ed so that is how they got to be a Rare Factory GT Option??
Probably came out of an AC car that did not have a center console, so lets stick these in here.
CCLINRAREOPTION
Mueller
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2006, 09:28 AM)
Nice product. Nice pictures etc...

WHY RESORT TO BS and LIES? confused24.gif

VERY RARE Factory racing Option - absolutely MUST SEE

if you look at their other ads, they tend to throw around other phrases and words that I guess they think they need to sell their parts... screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
you guys are killing my sales pitch! laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
Regardless of the "rare factory" bs, it does look like a quality unit with good VDO gauges. At least $80 to buy the gauges, maybe more.
aircooledboy
The backing plate looks to be galvanized. We ALL know nothing on a 914 was ever galvanized. monkeydance.gif av-943.gif
msglaigaie
I have seen these on ebay before. As a matter of fact they ran a set just a few months ago. But as the history goes, They were done by Dealers when A/C units were installed. Nice looking and very conveniant. I plan on doing the same to my 914. Sombody here on the club sells dash setups to do the same thing. The Ebay guys you are referencing just have a slick ad and a new twist to the "914 Story". MSG L
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Feb 13 2006, 09:12 AM)
Regardless of the "rare factory" bs, it does look like a quality unit with good VDO gauges. At least $80 to buy the gauges, maybe more.

Ya still gotta buy the MATCHING senders. The Cap'n
dlee1967
I sell this in the products section as a replacement for the radio plate....just add your own gauges. I also have a CD player mount or a blanking plate.

Rare factory option......hah.........my _ss!

People will say anything to make a buck......
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I stopped at Eurotec Motors in Ann Arbor MI today and bought the Triple Gauge Center Console piece. I liked it and thought it would be a nice conversation piece.

Anyway, it's now in my garage. I now own this super rare 914 accessory. I wonder if it's really a Porsche made piece??? rolleyes.gif

Tom
ninefourteener
For sale:

My extremely rare quadruple gauge, Factory 916 race car VDO gauge package. Extremely rare option was only equipped on 1972 914 models painted green.... with a funky color-clashing brown interior.

You must have this part! You cannot live without it! Buy it now for the low low price of $1275.00

biggrin.gif (That way I can replace everything with Autometers)
gregrobbins
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Feb 13 2006, 10:41 AM)
The backing plate looks to be galvanized. We ALL know nothing on a 914 was ever galvanized. monkeydance.gif  :rotfl:

No rust, for sure not real. biggrin.gif

And like the Capt'n said: Radios and AC were dealer add ons. Nice looking piece. If someone wanted to make and sell them, I would buy. I got no reason to have a radio in my autocross/de car. wink.gif
TJB/914
Hey Ninefoourteener (Matt)

My part is more rare than yours. I have the factory secrete decode # and they say my new part is the rare one in 500 issue for the Grasshopper LE rolleyes.gif

Now how do you like that Bowlsby biggrin.gif

Tom
BTW
Now I need to find the elusive LE Grasshopper 914 confused24.gif
STL914
Anyone want my OEM, dealer installed, in-dash pizza oven?

type47
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Feb 13 2006, 06:28 PM)
For sale:

My extremely rare quadruple gauge, Factory 916 race car VDO gauge package. Extremely rare option was only equipped on 1972 914 models painted green.... with a funky color-clashing brown interior.

You must have this part! You cannot live without it! Buy it now for the low low price of $1275.00

biggrin.gif (That way I can replace everything with Autometers)

... don't forget the RARE factory clock delete. rolleyes.gif
nbscooters
QUOTE (STL914 @ Feb 13 2006, 07:07 PM)
Anyone want my OEM, dealer installed, in-dash pizza oven?

ive seen those before. they have them to the left of the speedometer
smg914
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 13 2006, 06:05 PM)
I wonder if it's really a Porsche made piece??? rolleyes.gif

Tom

Definately a home made piece. Just look at the galvanized metal they used. No way is that something Porsche used on a 914. Kinda cool thought.
marks914
I think I sold that set to the guy. It came in my car with A/C and the short mailbox console.

Mark
SLITS
I have an even "RARER" one...it only has two guages (and I have the senders)..... av-943.gif

Price, today only, $3,000,000...............no checks
tdgray
Ron... PM Sent.

Please include wiring instructions from Nigeria biggrin.gif
914Sixer
The only thing that is rare about these is the fact they are aftermarket. The dead give away is that the factory guages are larger and the mount with the rubber rings only! The three are too large to fit in the radio hole with stock gaskets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.