Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fair day racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Well my son and I had a LONG drive to participate in a new region event.

Fair day as it was cold as crap witha surface that turned to rubble after the 1st run group.
the Video is Christopher finding out how slippery it was during the 2nd out run group.
http://media.putfile.com/axing-teener
Joe Ricard
But the time spent with a fellow 914 owner was priceless.
Barry (Lilred72) sure has a nice car. We met up in Pensacola and drove up to Dothan Alabama over 160 miles to go autocrossing.
That made 288 miles one way for the racer no heat and a Tangerine header. Chris you are right after 90 MPH for about an hour it just don't seem too loud when you slow to 80 rolleyes.gif
Here is a pic of our over night stay at our friends house. VERY cool "Man Garage"
Joe Ricard
Must be a dog day here on the club
so bump for the lunch crew.
my dogs.
Aaron Cox
you guys dont have turns? just a dogbone kinda setup? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
NOT you guys. I was a real guest at this event even though I pitched in to help out and set up the course. But yea kind of a fast course if there wasn't so much gravel everywhere.
288 miles one way for 3 runs is a little underwhelming.
In defense of the region there were technical problems with the original location. Big Ef'n helicopter broke down right in the middle of the pad.
This was a best effort to dave the day and it wasn't expected for the surface to crumble away so terribly. TTOD was around 60 seconds. Didn't even stick around to see my times. I think low 60's to be about where I placed.
72914S
Had a great time Joe!Well I twice missed cones.Third time made a clean run only 80 seconds they said. Damn I wanted to do it again!Now I need to build a race car(914 of course)I`ll start a new thread with some great pictures of the"MAN`S GARAGE"as soon as I down load them.
Joe Ricard
Shoot skip building a race car. buy the red neck racer 1,000,000 dollars. biggrin.gif well maybe 8500 after I get the flares put on. I want a 125 shifter KART.
72914S
that did look like a hoot to drive. maybe just do a trade with the guy?
Joe Ricard
Yea the Kart guy certainly drove a little on the apprehensive side. Since he knew how much it cost he obviously couldn't "drive it like he stole it. biggrin.gif Wouldn't take a hint either like hey let me take it for a spin. Shoulda bonked him on the head and stole it dry.gif

Just finished putting my tires away. Good thing they were my crapped out set with 67 runs on them. My boy sure can light up a set of Hoosiers. slap.gif Got to work on his launch
Joe Ricard
All Hail the Red Neck Racer.
Read em and wheap. If'n I coulda got some traction it woulda been a big upset.
http://sccaforums.com/forums/176826/ShowTh...ead.aspx#176826
Frigging Miata. turned that time in one of the VERY early runs of the day. Little turd got a re -run I put him back in line and he layed down that blistering time. the 944 did the same thing.
I know I was running grid.
72914S
Here are a couple of my pictures. The nascar shot.
72914S
I thought it was fast until I saw the times,80.21
Joe Ricard
Yea barry you need to drop that front end. I bet you pushed in every single turn. rolleyes.gif Strive for a 1/4" lower in the front than back.
Hell even the video of my car shows I was squating lower in the rear under acceleration. But you were nearly doing a wheelie.
Don't feel bad you are exactly where I was 18 months ago. And yes Barry seems to be bitten by the dreaded AX bug.
You know there is no hope for you now. just start a racing fund for shocks tires swaybars harnesses seats fiberglass and tires
72914S
Joe I posted some pictures with the topic "MAN`S GARAGE". We will be talking about this auto cross thing. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.