Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is that really fair ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
Hi, maybe you noticed that I am french ... so I have sometimes questions about the meaning of english words ...

When I read "fair" does it mean this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
Mueller
QUOTE (johannes @ Feb 13 2006, 09:47 AM)
Hi, maybe you noticed that I am french ... so I have sometimes questions about the meaning of english words ...

When I read "fair" does it mean this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW

those are less than fair condition in my book....
Jeroen
in this case, fair means "ready for the garbage bin"
av-943.gif

PS, are you looking for them?
redshift
hahaha

JESUS!

www.Edumpster.com

M
Jerry
way less than "fair" needs to be junked or total restoration
Gustl
at least it's fair that the seller showed a photo av-943.gif
sk8kat1
fair condition = a lesser condition than being in in "good" condition but better than "poor" condition......

I agree these would be closer to "poor" condition than even fair... actually closer to stromberg.gif av-943.gif
johannes
fair condition = a lesser condition than being in in "good" condition but better than "poor" condition......

I agree these would be closer to "poor" condition than even fair... actually closer to  

Hum ! that's also what I learned in my english lessons wink.gif

PS, are you looking for them?

No ! Mine are not that "fair" biggrin.gif but I am going to restore them because vinyl has some holes.

I bought the basketweave material from a french supplier ... so I am ready to repair.

My concern is about the core panels. They are not very plane and the edges are not so clean.

Is there a way to restore this ? any experience ?

I saw some aftermarket fiberglass panels but shipping will cost more than the panel itself.
736conver
My concern is about the core panels. They are not very plane and the edges are not so clean.

Is there a way to restore this ? any experience ?

You could always make your own panels.
As long as you have metal tops from your previous ones. Just transfer those to some freshly cut patterns
I made a couple of sets this way.
If you have the all wood/cardboard type then you would have to figure something else out.
Eddie Williams
eBay sellers are not known for their command of the english language
davep
QUOTE (Eddie Williams @ Feb 13 2006, 10:52 AM)
eBay sellers are not known for their command of the english language

eBay sellers are known for their poor command of the english language
914 owers are known for their fair command of the english language
foreigners are known for their good command of the english language
or so it would seem some days wink.gif
johannes
As long as you have metal tops from your previous ones. Just transfer those to some freshly cut patterns

Thank you 736convair ... I also wanted to build new panels by myself but mine have no metal tops. The wood/carboard is bended at the top...

If I understand what you explained, this means that the panels were made different ways ?

Here is a picture of my panel while I am removing the vinyl.
736conver
You have the all cardboard type.

These are the metal tops that go on the other door panels. They are really easy to work with in creating new panels. If you dont have these you will have to find a way to make that curve at the top.

736conver
They go right at the top where the smooth vinyl is.

johannes
These are the metal tops that go on the other door panels. They are really easy to work with in creating new panels

OK ! Thank you.

Would be "fair" if someone could sell me a pair of these in "fair" condition. Of course for a "fair" price. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.