Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Tires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seventyfive914
Hey everyone. I'm guessing that this is going to be a bit like asking multiple lawyers for their opinions, but here goes anyway. I want to buy street legal tires that will have a decent tread life, but still be good and grippy and not run into a small fortune. Ideas, suggestions? Regards, -K-
Joe Ricard
Falken Azenis 615 grip good even wet
Period. end of story you can't have both grip and good wear. Pick your poison.
tat2dphreak
falken azenzis are well documented here... lotsa love for 'em

I like BFG g/force T/A KDW for me...

Seventyfive914
Thanks for your replies. I've had set of that series Falkens on another vehicle and they are a good tire, particularly when you consider that they aren't really expensive. Those are what I had in mind, so thanks for validating my tire choice. Regards, -K-
jgara962
Does anyone know if they are going to make them in 225/50/15's? I've checked a few sites (including thier's) and the closest they have is 205/50/15.
guiltless
The are a bit pricey but the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's are a great set of rubber. They are factory shoes for many high HP cars.
dekman
Perhaps too expensive but the best tire I've ever had on my car....Toyo RA1 (225/50ZR/15 = $135ea). Very sticky and so far the wear isn't too bad.(1/2 gone at 12,000 mi.-with many track days). driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.