Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got screwed on my own Classified add
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
So what is etiquate when placing an AD?

I placed a WTB and then another Used PM'd a prospective seller right from my thread and I lost the parts!!!!

I mean if I placed the ad I should have the right of first refusal before someone mooching off of my add gets the parts? RIght???
Part Pricer

I saw that. You got screwed.

Mueller
I've seen a few people do that and I think it's pretty tacky...I'll refain from mentioning names, but they know who they are smile.gif

alpha434
Inefficiency at it's finest. Just remember that the one who does the work is always the one who will get screwed is the end.

Sorry.

I hate it when things get snaked from under me too. Happens to me on ebay all the time.
Mueller
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 13 2006, 12:33 PM)
Inefficiency at it's finest. Just remember that the one who does the work is always the one who will get screwed is the end.

Sorry.

I hate it when things get snaked from under me too. Happens to me on ebay all the time.

eBay is a different story.......

When one person asks for an item and then a seller says "I have it" and then another person PM's or even in the ad says "how much", that is just wrong.....
Aaron Cox
thats lame.

shame on the dude who snagged it....
shame on the seller for not honoring the procedure of sell to person who posted ad......
dinomium
that does suck! I am wagging my finger that that person's general direction.
I do think for the most part, the classifieds are a good thing. We just need to call BS on bad behavior when we see it!

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS
bs.gif
Jaiden
Thanks for the support guys. Time to keep looking.

The teener will ride again!!!!! aktion035.gif
Allan
That is bogus. slap.gif
robby750
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Feb 13 2006, 11:13 AM)
This is un friggin beliveable!!!!

I set up a classified add and someone else mooches off of it and get's goods I was looking for!

Robby750 PLACE YOUR OWN ADD NEXT TIME!!

You posted an add for a sway bar on Feb. 9th. Degreeoff responded that he had one. There was no reply.

You posted another add on Feb. 11. Degreeoff again responded and Premierauto both offered. You did not reply again.

I assumed that neither of these was to your liking so I cut a deal with one.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes but there were at least two for sale and whatever responses you got on the Pelican board.

--------------------
robby750
first ad

Jaiden
Let's just drop it.

I'll find my parts regardless of how people view how things happened here.

I just need to get my car back together.

Rockaria
I am going to have to ageree with Robby on this one. It looks like the Post Owner had ample time to complete a deal...

Money talks... and you know the rest... If your going to place a wanted add, you beter respond in a timely fassion.

Just my thoughts on this... sad.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (robby750 @ Feb 13 2006, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Jaiden @ Feb 13 2006, 11:13 AM)
This is un friggin beliveable!!!!

I set up a classified add and someone else mooches off of it and get's goods I was looking for!

Robby750 PLACE YOUR OWN ADD NEXT TIME!!

You posted an add for a sway bar on Feb. 9th. Degreeoff responded that he had one. There was no reply.

You posted another add on Feb. 11. Degreeoff again responded and Premierauto both offered. You did not reply again.

I assumed that neither of these was to your liking so I cut a deal with one.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes but there were at least two for sale and whatever responses you got on the Pelican board.

--------------------

well......I've got to agree with Robby on this one if no follow up in a timely manner..... smile.gif

kind of a snooze you looze deal.....

dinomium
Just post your own wtb ad, or post Hey, if you are not gonna buy this, I AM!

Good manners cost nothing!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (dinomium @ Feb 13 2006, 02:43 PM)
Just post your own wtb ad, or post Hey, if you are not gonna buy this, I AM!

Good manners cost nothing!

werd....

you say, if X passes, ill take it.

then its the sellers choice on how long to wait....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.