Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forgive the big pic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
This pic reminded me of Joe's lament over the surface conditions he faced at his last AX. These are different problems, but present their own challenges. Now you know why I don't run my car real low.
jhadler
Uh, JP... It doesn't matter HOW high you raise that car. It's -still- gonna hurt when you clip that 55 gallon drum... biggrin.gif

-Josh2
Aaron Cox
dang... that manhole be like 6" off the normal pavement......

- rofl josh
drgchapman
Cones???? Sh*t, we got cones, barrels, manholes, bad edges and light poles. And then add rain on to half of the events. Almost like rallycross. Only faster.

No wonder the Suby's rip us a new one on many weekends.

Ah, JP we're havin fun aren't we?

Got that LSD tranny in yet? I don't.......Cant wait to see your raised spindles mounted up.

March 19th is fast approaching.
J P Stein
Shocks are down in Poway, CA.
LSD is at least 3 weeks away......so we sit. sad.gif
bryanc
Reminds me of a visit to Cincinatti and participating in the local AX club's event.

They used a parking lot at a factory or something. It had islands, buildings, and some drainage areas. Part of the course involved going around 3 sides of a building where you had to thread your car between the building and a big shipping container full of trash. One car (a WRX IIRC) went off of the course and into a drainage ditch. He just kept going. Kinda cool.

Fun nonetheless. lol2.gif
DNHunt
JP

Is that anywhere near the crater? I remember being pointed at a hole a couple of feet deep with the it pushing like mad. The thought I had was look up and ahead like instructors tell you but, all I could do was look straight into that thing like it was a black hole in space.

Dave
rhodyguy
maybe next time the course designer can move the barrel out 4' or 5'. "let's see if we can make the course challenging and damaging at the same time" is not nessasary.

k
drgchapman
maybe next time the course designer can move the barrel out 4' or 5'. "let's see if we can make the course challenging and damaging at the same time" is not nessasary

The course designers usually take that into acount. My maps have the holes marked. The course setters then make last minute changes based on such obstacles. We haven't had a broken suspension or car at our PCA events. However I've heard of broken cars at the SCCA events.

I like to think of it as the wet racing line, which is usually different than the dry line. A driver needs to make those decisions for himself. Like setting up compliant suspension, soft shock settings, etc. As JP said, his car is not as low as some......gud thing. My car is not as low as it can go either. We need some travel in the suspension to keep it going in the direction intended.

WCC'ers take note.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.