Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front spoiler advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
i have a front LE spoiler for my car that i have been waiting to install. (thanks ferg)
But, my car rubs my driveway everytime I go somewhere, especially if i take the wrong angle out. (Driveways here are just tall angled curbs.)

If i install the spoiler, i am afraid of cracking another one. On the other hand, the front of the car looks pretty lame without it.

suggestions?
BMartin914
Why does the front of the car look "pretty lame." Is that a generalization - not just a comment about your car?

Your driveway is big enough that you can angle it out without any problems. That's what I used to do when I had a front valence - and you know how low the front of my car is.
TROJANMAN
lame w/o the spoiler. edited wink.gif

i didn't notice a sppiler on your car when you pulled into the garage the other day? i think it's steeper than you think. my infiniti used to rub too.
Joe Ricard
I finally changed out my "cow catcher" air dam when Chris hit a cone square dead center. Smashed it all to hell. I put the front valance on and noticed a few things. Car is faster, car runs cooler, Still go slow and angled over driveways (habit) but much more forgiving. However more suseptable to cross winds and high speed stability suffers some.

Does not look lame at all In My Opinion.
TROJANMAN
pics, joe?
and i edited my first post, i meant to say it looks lame without the spoiler.
BMartin914
I had a valence on it before the cooler. I took it off because I don't want to cut it up.

Yeah, the drive has a decent slope, but if you bring it over it slowly one wheel at a time, you shouldn't scrape.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Feb 14 2006, 11:55 AM)
pics, joe?
and i edited my first post, i meant to say it looks lame without the spoiler.

I think you can see it in this pic kinda dark.
MoveQik
Install the spoiler. Especially since I just ordered one from Morphenspectra. wink.gif
Joe Ricard
Here ya go with and without
jhadler
I've got one that I would be willing to part with. It's Ferg's old one actually. Was one of the "unbreakable" air dams, comes with the extra rubber for the lower edge, but it hasn't been installed yet...

Ferg had trimmed the center section (ala LE airdam), but I think the rubber skirt would still mount to it.

-Josh2
TROJANMAN
thanks josh. i'd like to take a look at it.
jhadler
I'll be "on travel" off and on through this month, but if I can snap some pics I'll let ya know.

-Josh2
Gint
No wonder the front of your car looks "pretty lame". You need to get rid of that ugly ass rubber bumper. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Gint @ Feb 14 2006, 04:38 PM)
No wonder the front of your car looks "pretty lame". You need to get rid of that ugly ass rubber bumper. wink.gif

hey, that ticket is still roundtrip lol2.gif
Gint
Wouldn't be the first time I hopped in a 30+ year old car aline and drove it 1000+ miles.

Now that I think about... it's like... I've done it 4 times prior. Only one of them threw a rod. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
looking forward to the campfire stories.
Howard
I think the 914 looks unfinished without a spoiler/valence. I took off this one and went back to the stock one. Still don't know which I like better.
BMartin914
QUOTE (Gint @ Feb 14 2006, 04:38 PM)

finger.gif
Van914
Josh,
I would like to second in line for the unbreakabke spoiler.
Thanks
van914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.