Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You can't turbo a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
Just thought this was pretty nice and wanted to share.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3ALCA%3AUS%3A31

driving.gif aktion035.gif
Flat VW
driving.gif
SoCal Driver
thats awesome! I saw a turbo'ed 70's bug down in LA not to long ago...no exhaust at all just a downpipe from the turbo. Suprisingly it wasnt as loud as I imagined. driving.gif
lapuwali
Turbos make great mufflers...

A turbo Beck: kill yourself twice as quickly...
Mark Henry
Yeh...

Have you ever seen a spyder beside a 914????

It's about half as high! no joke...the windshield is just a hair above the 914 fender. wacko.gif
nocones
Half as much car with twice the engine.
How can you go wrong!?!? wink.gif
Brian Mifsud
just don't hit anything! especially 1950's American Sedans... it tends to make indentations on your skull...

Always loved Beck Spyders.. but never considered their crash-a-bility..

I suppose you could add full roll cages to them and they might not look too bad....

SoCal Driver
oh, i know turbo's quiet down the tone of the exhaust, but i was just suprised at how much it did. But then again i've heard a 350 whp 1.8t with straight exhaust @ WOT, and dayam its loud.

I dont see any issue with less car and more motor. Look at the Ariel Atom, under 1100 lbs and 300hp. There's some fun for ya.
lapuwali
It's not so much the crashability, but the all too "authentic" suspension Chuck Beck insisted on using. This was bloody dangerous in 1955 with 80hp or so. The very thought of 200hp is just terrifying. If the suspension is heavily modified with something like zero roll or whatnot, maybe. An all stock Beck, however...
Maltese Falcon
...and you really can't turbocharge a '57 Speedster either , but we did rolleyes.gif
Maltese Falcon
nor a Porsche 928... wink.gif
Maltese Falcon
and don't forget that a BMW 2002Tii can't be force fed either...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.