Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPEAKING OF SPYDERS...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fatlando
I remember something like a horse almost like the ferrari logo on the fender but can't think of the others.....

any idea where i could get the horse one?
meares
i think that's an old Mobil Oil sticker........i've run across a site that sells stuff like that,but i can't recall the name headbang.gif as soon as i do i'll tell you!
Allan
Mike Z makes them.
mrdezyne
http://www.aakracing.com/193741.html

dinomium
He also had the # 130 and Little bastard on it as well. red fender tops too...
but I dont remember the Mobil Pegusus...
Maybe this thing:
Cap'n Krusty
Looked at that link. Wonder if the stuff would be cheaper on "low performance vinyl"? The Cap'n
dinomium
QUOTE(dinomium)
He also had the # 130 and Little bastard on it as well. red fender tops too...
but I dont remember the Mobil Pegusus...
Maybe this thing:

forgot pix
Rand
google images

The Mobil horse on a Ferrari

user posted image
Jeroen
looks like a vintage nurburgring badge!
Aaron Cox
dino - can you repost that without your edit?

would make a cool desktop...
jimtab
He didn't have any "stickers" all his shit had been painted on a few days before, iirc...
seanery
QUOTE(jimtab)
He didn't have any "stickers" all his shit had been painted on a few days before, iirc...

agree.gif I was gonna say the same thing...know who did it?
flatout
George Barris I think
fatlando
i was wrong, it was on his 356 speedster. it was the mobile sticker.

thanx for all your replies....hard to find a picture though...

fat lando
North Bay 914
QUOTE(Jeroen)
looks like a vintage nurburgring badge!

This was a gift to James Dean from his Mechanic, which at the time you could only get if you had raced the original Nurburgring. You can buy a reproduction now.
seanery
QUOTE(flatout)
George Barris I think

I think you're right. thumb3d.gif
redshift
Yes, I remember reading an interview with someone mentioning Barris.

I hate James Dean, cool car. I like the ring badge.

M
wbergtho
I know Chuck Beck. He's a salty old school guy...but quite likable. Here's a shot of one of his cars made up to be a James Dean "look-a-like".

Bill
wbergtho
one more pic
jimtab
I don't know Chuck Beck but I met him at Laguna Seca a few years ago when he was showing off his "new" Lister that he was gonna manufacture (I think that came to pass) and he was very approachable, we talked for quite a while and he let lots of folks sit in the cars( he had a Spyder there too). I thought he was a good guy, and I think he has great taste in the cars he has chosen to replicate...just wish I could make my self spend the money to own one.
mikey
I know Chuck Beck. He's a salty old school guy...but quite likable. Here's a shot of one of his cars made up to be a James Dean "look-a-like".

I can't say I know Chuck Beck, but I did meet him once at his business when it was in Upland California. He reminisced a bit about driving a bit driving a real 550 Spyder and then took me for a ride in one of his replicas. burnout.gif

Very exhilarating! I've wanted a Spyder (or a replica of one) ever since that ride.
JmuRiz
Yep, it was George Barris that did the painted stuff on his car...little bastard and the numbers. The plaque is the old nurbergring badge also.
dinomium
QUOTE(Aaron Cox)
dino - can you repost that without your edit?

would make a cool desktop...

Enjoy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.