Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Actually worth clicking just to read his description. Things I never knew...
Allan
WTF.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Howard @ Feb 14 2006, 02:55 PM)
Actually worth clicking just to read his description. Things I never knew...

I'd hate to be seated next to that guy on an airplane, he seems like a person that likes to hear himself talk and talk and talk and talk smile.gif
MoveQik
He's a long-winded som-bitch.

I guess there was no need to do any body work before putting on the schmancy pearl paint job. screwy.gif
dinomium
Do I have to dispose of the Dead Guy myself? WTF.gif
tdgray
Uh Ditto WTF.gif

I think the guy was on speed when he wrote that description. unsure.gif
SirAndy
screwy.gif

from the auction ...

Completely Rebuilt Engine ... Converted it to Dual Barrel Webber Intake system (That works better than any 914 Porsche etc Bosche Fuel injection system I have ever seen!)

and here's the pic:

user posted image

av-943.gif Andy
John
That has to be the naaaaastiest recently "rebuilt" engine I have seen since High School.

Where the hell is all the trim (like door handles, horn grills, trunk lock, etc, etc, etc)

If the ad hadn't been so strewn with BS, it might look like a fairly nice car (albet a bit missing, but at least it isn't puke ugly)
davep
The car did not look bad until I saw the engine, then it was:
stromberg.gif barf.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 14 2006, 03:19 PM)
screwy.gif

from the auction ...

Completely Rebuilt Engine ... Converted it to Dual Barrel Webber Intake system (That works better than any 914 Porsche etc Bosche Fuel injection system I have ever seen!)

and here's the pic:

user posted image

av-943.gif Andy

sa FREAKIN weeeet~
I have one EXSACTLY like that in my garage RIGHT NOW!
Pugbug
Wow! what a find!......So pristine.
Complete with no wipers, or door handles, ugly non stock wheels, a hole in the left front fender, ill fitting rocker panels and crappy paint over lots and lots of dents!

Some idiot will buy it though.
fatlando
i love this part.

914 currently brings about $25,000.00 to $30,000.00!. Because of it’s Freeway Friendly "5" Speed manual transmission, this Strong 4 cylinder Beauty gets Super Great Gas Mileage (approx. 30 + MPG) on Regular gas! ...a Definite plus these days! ...What other Classic Car Collectors can say that!!! Plus, Excellent Reliability and Good Solid Dependable Handling & Performance!! I believe these have over twice the Horsepower of most Beatle 4 Cylinder engines. This is a Car that you will be Proud to drive daily anywhere you ever wanted to go!

If my 75 was like this I'd park it in my living room!! bs.gif
TROJANMAN
i knew if i waited long enough, i could count on you guys for the cliff notes version. i couldn't get past the first section of his description. wacko.gif
sk8kat1
what's with the part about the 1.8L is almost as powerful as th 2.0L with out the issues of the 2.0 L ..........what issues does the 2.0L have that the 1.8 wouldn't ..... WTF.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 14 2006, 03:15 PM)
what's with the part about the 1.8L is almost as powerful as th 2.0L with out the issues of the 2.0 L ..........what issues does the 2.0L have that the 1.8 wouldn't ..... WTF.gif

That extra HP, what a pain.
Mark Henry
Ya know… I'm pretty good with the bullshit, but...

Sometimes it's great to sit back and just watch an artist.
smile.gif
Robert21
screwy.gif screwy.gif i like red cars but this one is so bad. alot of parts missing.
engine , photo says it all. great wheels for VW
$800 dollar car. can,t wait to see what it sells for

Robert
dlo914
QUOTE (Robert21 @ Feb 14 2006, 03:47 PM)
screwy.gif screwy.gif i like red cars but this one is so bad. alot of parts missing.
engine , photo says it all. great wheels for VW
$800 dollar car. can,t wait to see what it sells for

Robert

agree.gif the picture of the single carbed engine made me barf.gif ...o hey robert, i might actually have my car running for saturday! see ya there w/ or w/out a 14' hopefully with wink.gif
Midtowner
The person selling the car sure likes the CAPS key! LMFAO. laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 14 2006, 03:15 PM)

didn't you read the ad? he has a "Type 2" Motor!

av-943.gif Andy
Howard
Should I invite him to Joe's? What if it's a really nice 'rust free CA car' for under $3k? Who wants to talk to him (at length) about ANY subject? smile.gif
rhodyguy
i can't believe i read the whole thing. i'm a screwy.gif loser.

k
Trekkor
I'm not sure why all the bad comments about this car.

If it runs, why wouldn't it sell for $3-4k?

Sure there are some negatives. Most cars have them.

Be honest, to produce a car with good body, paint, interior, tires and wheels, what would you have to pay out of pocket?

IMO, it looks better than a lot of examples I've seen recently.

Could be a perfect candidate for a conversion of some sort.

With all those pictures, I don't see that's trying to hide anything.

Notice above I said "good", not great or perfect.

I'd look if I were shopping.

KT
Howard
Trek, it's the 914club way. Everybody else's car, religion, politics, and opinions are shit. Try to ignore it. I do.

I posted it for the fun reading, and I'm gonna look at the car. Have seen worse for more $$.
Trekkor
And...The wheels may not be your favorite or you may not like Goodyear Eagles or the smooth painted top may make you sick.

To purchase the above, however would likely set you back $1000.

$200 wheels
$400 tires
$400 top including the labor to sand, fill and paint.

The cheap cars are going to be pretty beat up.
A car under $1000 that runs and doesn't need *everything* is going to be hard to find.

Try to find a daily driver for under $2000

Now add all the things this car has ( which does appel to some)

It seems the values are rising. ( that's good )

I've not seen this car 'til today like most of you wink.gif

KT
Trekkor
it's the 914club way

I know Howard. I just try and look at the positive if I can.

Some stuff is worthy of a good mocking though dry.gif
Like that red one with the grafted on headlights and what not.

I didn't save the pic...Too painful.

KT
theol00
agree.gif

All the way - Trekkor - are you going to be at Sears Point for the GGR TT Feb 25?
driving.gif
lets do some racing - I am bringing the "Turd" smilie_flagge24.gif smilie_flagge6.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 14 2006, 05:48 PM)
I'm not sure why all the bad comments about this car.
With all those pictures, I don't see that's trying to hide anything.

did you actually *read* all the drivel?
it's not about the car in general. it's about the clueless babble that goes with it ...

yeah, he got a lot of pictures. all of the outside, a few far away shots of the interior and one (1) shot of the engine.
absolutely *no* pictures of any of the usual "bad" spots.

all in all, *not* a car i would buy unseen off the internet from a seller that comes across as screwy.gif

Type2 Motor? 1.8L better than 2.0L? freshly rebuild engine? dirty because of oil-seepage while it was sitting? typically sell for more than $10k? single weber better than Fuel-Injection?

confused24.gif Andy
byndbad914
Holy "Less Than Zero" Batman... somebody check that guy for a nosebleed. How much coke is required to write all that! How many times did he say it ran great, started right up, and drove like new. He had about 15 variations on just running great alone av-943.gif

And I agree I love the 3K rebuilt engine that looks like it was picked up in a junkyard, had a carb jumbled onto it and so forth.

Trekkor
are you going to be at Sears Point for the GGR TT Feb 25?

Not this time, I'll come out and visit in the afternoon.

did you actually *read* all the drivel?

Not a chance! lol2.gif

I think the guy is obviously really excited about his car and wants to appeal to and audience that is not 914 or even Porsche familiar. Trying to make the sale.

Spending that kind of money without seeing/driving it myself is not my style.

E-bay is risky that way.

KT
seanery
The car may turn out to be a good buy, but the guy is full of shit, that's what all the bashing seems to be about.
EdwardBlume
I dig the book report, and the excitement, seems like an OK car, but the rah rah pom poms are a bit much- the description would seem to be directed at a buyer who knows little about 914s.
dflesburg
Where are all the missing pieces?

I wish this guy would sell used cars for me, geez.

Dang Flying Carpet Salesman.

He will most likely get more for that POS than I could get for my car...

finger.gif finger.gif

I just like flipping people off.... lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.