Full Version: Finally HOME!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
here we are getting ready to unload at home
DanT
orange.... drooley.gif
Mueller
wub.gif pretty ....

I'd wear cotton gloves and make sure you have no clothing which has buttons/zippers or metal belts...
DanT
nother
DanT
nother
DanT
nother
DanT
nother
DanT
last one...this weekend the trim and rubber goes back on then the suspension and headers.
DanT
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 14 2006, 05:52 PM)
wub.gif pretty ....

I'd wear cotton gloves and make sure you have no clothing which has buttons/zippers or metal belts...

Its a track car Mike driving.gif blink.gif
theol00
Dan - that is a nice fast color!
Trekkor
OK!! that's it, right there. Hold it. Good. smilie_pokal.gif

I know exactly how you feel wub.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 14 2006, 08:24 PM)
OK!! that's it, right there. Hold it. Good. smilie_pokal.gif

I know exactly how you feel wub.gif

KT

agree.gif
McMark
Sooooo awesome!

You don't know how much I appreciate that you took the time to take these out and didn't just paint over them. smiley_notworthy.gif
Jeroen
sa-weeeeeet
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
redshift
Dan, it's beautiful!+++++++++++

M
seanery
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 14 2006, 10:32 PM)
Sooooo awesome!

You don't know how much I appreciate that you took the time to take these out and didn't just paint over them. smiley_notworthy.gif

do tell....why? confused24.gif
redshift
UHOH! Sean is a slacker!

DE TAIL mah boy!

(also, they were probably missing when he bought it! haha)

M
McMark
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 14 2006, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 14 2006, 10:32 PM)
Sooooo awesome!

You don't know how much I appreciate that you took the time to take these out and didn't just paint over them.  :notworthy:

do tell....why? confused24.gif

Because it's "correct". confused24.gif

I'm crazy that way. screwy.gif Just one of those pet-peeve things. They take 5 minutes to remove.

I guess I see it as painting your bedroom over the wallpaper and trim. You can see instantly that it wasn't supposed to be done like that.

Oh, and did I mention I'm crazy? wacko.gif
TINCAN914
mmmmmm purtee!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Demick
Dan

That car is waaaaayyyyy to nice for a race car. Wanna trade? My car has good race car paint (you know - the kind of paint that you don't need to worry about or bother washing).

I'm jealous.

Demick
johnmhudson111
Fresh paint and a windshield, it just isn't fair!!!!!!

Looks GREAT and I am looking forward to seeing more.....
seanery
Oh, I see, oh wait, are those black plastic?

I was thinking they were steel and spot welded in place.
TravisNeff
Can I ask how many hours that was in paint and prep? Look like lots of hours getting it dead straight
ClayPerrine
I remember when mine came home like that. It was the best day of my life.

Spend hours just sitting there admiring it.

Spent years getting it (mostly) put back together.

Now I can drive it while I finish it.

Its a long, tough row to hoe. But it is worth it in the end.

Congrats! That is one beautiful paint job for a track car. clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif
DanT
thanks guys.

Yah, it is kind of nice for a racecar paint job but I am a bit anal like that.
Mark, the guy who did the paint and body is kind of anal also and removed those plugs before painting. I had forgotten to remove them. I got all the rest though.

Demmick, you have a fresh motor and I don't so I guess we are even.

I am not sure how many hours of prep were done.
I can tell you that the exterior of the car was stripped to bare metal and hand dollied, so there is now very little filler on the car....

Car should be all back together and ready for it's first trial in about 3 weeks.

This weekend all the trim will be reinstalled along with the bumpers, rubber etc. Install roll bar and petty bar. Reroute shoulder harnesses to firewall.
remove radio, amplifier and speakers.
Then new suspension and big brakes.
Then oil cooler and tuna can.
Then headers.
off for alignment and corner balance.
Midtowner
Gorgeous car Dan! Way to go! clap56.gif
Speedster07
WoW Orange you glad you did that
DanT
QUOTE (Speedster07 @ Feb 14 2006, 10:25 PM)
WoW Orange you glad you did that

OK that's a "wrap" wink.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Feb 14 2006, 08:18 PM)
Fresh paint and a windshield, it just isn't fair!!!!!!

Looks GREAT and I am looking forward to seeing more.....

Dan, did you get a new windshield? Where/cost?

When can I see the work? Do you live near MikeP? I need to pick up something from him, maybe this weekend...
DanT
No new windshield. Just the original waiting to be reglued sad.gif
Carrera916
Dan...

The car looks great and I personally like sharp looking race cars! wub.gif

The color in the picture is a bit confusing and I wanted to know if it's Signal Orange or Tangerine Orange? I got myself an orange car in dire of restoration/paint job and haven't looked into the color code yet. Oh, is yours L20 color coded?

again, nice car!

jerry
DanT
Color is Phoenix Red. code L32K
Very similar to Tangerine....Phoenix was available on '73 and '74 vehicles.
I owned a '70 in tangerine (also a track car) always loved the color for a track car....I wanted my '74 to have a period correct color so I chose Phoenix.
If I hadn't used Phoenix I was going with Bahia Red.
Thanks for the compliments. smile.gif
DanT
Trim, rubber and bumpers are all back in. Interior is complete with recovered door panels, roll bar, harnesses re-routed, then radio, amp, and speakers removed. Tomorrow will re-seal the windshield and install trim on it. Then it is on the the exhaust, suspension, and brakes.
Last will be the tuna can and oil cooler

I'll post some pics tomorrow. wink.gif Too busy yesterday and today....didn't even stop to eat lunch huh.gif wacko.gif Just got so involved with getting it back together lost track of the time.
Trekkor
lost track of the time

I like it!
TT #1...you can do it!

KT
DanT
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 20 2006, 12:22 AM)
lost track of the time

I like it!
TT #1...you can do it!

KT

Probably could make it, but not trying to at this point. Going to get into the tougher stuff now so things will slow down. Suspesion should be no problem, headers should be OK as long as all the nuts come off the studs with out problems.
Still contemplating my oil cooler, lines etc. That is the one that is going to slow me down. huh.gif
DanT
A slight bit of progress today.
First a shot of my home reupholstered door panel installed. I may order new RS door pulls since this one is pretty worn....but it is a track car wink.gif
DanT
quick shot of hotlap timer in place in front of ash tray and also my aluminum radio block off plate.
Still some tidying up to do on the interior...most of the big stuff is done.
Notice windshield is not in. Will be reinstalled this week by me. rolleyes.gif
DanT
And last my headers in place. Just a loose mock up for now util I get my exhaust gaskets for the mating surface of the stub pipes to the header pipes.
This is with the flowmaster quite muffler in place. Also have a shorty straight out muffler (loud) wink.gif
Trekkor
Looking good.
Coming along nicely.

KT
DanT
Thanks Trekkor,
It is getting there finally.
Didn't get the windshield reglued today....other stuff came up. That will be done next and then on to the rear suspension and then the front. At least that is my plan for now wink.gif
Randal
Very very nice Dan.
DanT
thanks Randal,
and thank you for the headers and the oil cooler. I will post some pics of the cooler once I get it in place. I am considering a new mounting location. If it fits I think it will work nicely. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.