Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 911 Turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I thought the 996 TT was a great car.... check this out:

911 Turbo Introduction

alpha434
wow.

Varible tubine tachnology??? I'd like to see some prints for that.... aktion035.gif
alpha434
And the drag is now .31
914= .34 and 935= .36

Even the 993 was like (not sure. Heard form someone else)

Mueller
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 14 2006, 07:33 PM)
wow.

Varible tubine tachnology??? I'd like to see some prints for that.... aktion035.gif

those have been around for quite a while....

holset variable geo. turbo

wrong picture, I have a better one someplace that shows the vanes moving....I think they came standard on some dodges a few years back....

Neat video.....time to stop off at 7-11 tonight for a Lotto ticket.......
nbscooters
The designers that "werked" on that flash project did a really good job. I wonder exactly how that VTG "werks".
dlo914
OOO...MAN!!! huh.gif i got chills when the new 911 was introduced!!! drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
alpha434
Oh. Wait. It's all coming back to me now. For some reason I was thinking of some system where the vanes swiveled. Nevermind.

But thats an excellent pic. Your the best, Mueller. biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
I wonder exactly how that VTG "werks".

There's some animation on it, and it looks like some kind of valve that rotates at different RPMs to get more boost at lower range while opening up more at higher RPMs.
Mueller
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 14 2006, 07:53 PM)
Oh. Wait. It's all coming back to me now. For some reason I was thinking of some system where the vanes swiveled. Nevermind.

But thats an excellent pic. Your the best, Mueller. biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif

there is one where the vanes pivot, different manufacture....

here are some pictures

vnt turbo

dlo914
QUOTE (Rob Ways @ Feb 14 2006, 06:53 PM)
I wonder exactly how that VTG "werks".

There's some animation on it, and it looks like some kind of valve that rotates at different RPMs to get more boost at lower range while opening up more at higher RPMs.

here's one of two clips i copied....
dlo914
and the 2nd:
dlo914
ah i see how this VTG works...it's created to try to eliminate turbo lag. By creating a smaller circular chamber on the exhaust side to spool up the turbine quicker, and as RPMs increase the fins open up to take full advantage of the entire turbine.
redshift
The Gayman is much more beautiful, if not a little gay.. (hatchcrack)

M
Sideways
480 hp... Do we need to say more biggrin.gif
alpha434
HERES TO NEVADA!!! biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Got chills while watching the history section of the 911 Turbo.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Sideways @ Feb 15 2006, 12:13 AM)
480 hp... Do we need to say more biggrin.gif

Overboost! mueba.gif

Come on Powerball, daddy needs some new shoes lol2.gif
seanery
The car is cool, but the wheels kinda look like they belong on an IROC-Z wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.