Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just got real ugly....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
no complaints...

no internal problems...

big bad admin got his/her panties in a bunch....

why?

nobody mad..

nobody was upset..

life was good..

why? (best cindy loo who voice) admin, why?
TimT
HAHAHA

While I was posting this the Mike Z post was deletioed

"Im with you Mike...

retroactive rules are pathetic

BAMFH

barf.gif

I thought this place was supposed to be self moderating..

At time we the members of the non club have offered to help pay the bills
(operating costs).. and that is denied...

Something isnt right"
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (TimT @ Feb 14 2006, 08:37 PM)

retroactive rules are pathetic

Not retroactive...

The rules were posted Feb 9th.

Read them here.

The Rules

I am not taking sides in this argument. So don't attack me over it.
redshift
.... it is self moderating... until it isn't..

Why am I defending anyone? I am not. I lead by example.

M
alpha434
Power trip?

Maybe.

I really hope that this wasn't a topic that was on the admin's collective mind for any length of time.

It wasn't ever on mine.
TimT
hmmmmmmmmmmm

silly you Clay

silly boy

I joined in 2003.

Im well aware of the rules posted in 2006 because, counter your generalization in another thread I did read the rules..how dare you categorize "Us" like that.

And posting rules in 2006 that counter non rules or rules that existed previously will cause problems...

This forum is much better than the others out there, but it is getting less better every day...

Why do I bother... I have to pack... going to Costa Rica, then La Paz, Then Lima then Macchu Picchu
seanery
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 14 2006, 09:49 PM)
Power trip?

Maybe.

I really hope that this wasn't a topic that was on the admin's collective mind for any length of time.

It wasn't ever on mine.

what? following the very few rules that we have?

There aren't many here. All we ask is you abide by them.

There are 5000 + members here.
About 300 post regularly.
About 2500 browse regularly.

Most of the 2200 who don't post, communicate to the admin team via PM.
Just because you don't read something in the garage, doesn't mean it's not an issue.
alpha434
So someone has to be cast away? Just to make an example that the admins will act?

Since when. I didn't say that things like this could not be an issue. I was trying to say that that was a very abrupt and somewhat violent (for a forum) way to bring it out in the open.

If the admins had been sitting on their hands over THAT for a long time, then I want to hear what else will be a problem. Right now, so that everyone will know, and nobody will be hurt and leave when some nameless admin attacks them in front of EVERYBODY!
sk8kat1
being new to 914's I really do have an apperciation for this site .. and I didn't realize it was all donated for the love of the 914--- thank you for that

but in turn the public blast is not cool ... I think everyone knew that the avitar would be ah henm " yanked " soon -- so I agree hta it could have and should have been dealt with differently .... my .02

I think we all know that thingscan get blown out of proportion easily on here and that some are just waiting to get on a soap box to rant --- so why loose those people that contribute good info to the community of 914 by making a public stink about the avaitar in stead of dealing with it on a more individual basis

.02 more
redshift
This place was alot better 2 years ago.

No doubt. I miss Karl.

I took off because of other people (oddly... mikez!... mostly) being berated by other club members, for his bullshit, WITH THEIR BULLSHIT.

It's all about bullshit replacement. There is an agenda.. this place is not corpIrate. I don't get it, but like I said, I am self moderating. Nudity is distateful, but I am not the arbiter.

M
Pinepig
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 14 2006, 06:54 PM)
Power trip?

Maybe.

It wasn't ever on mine.

Just because you don't read something in the garage, doesn't mean it's not an issue.

One of the noobs just throwing this out there.

Would you rather loose a member that actually contibutes here or someone who lurks and will only send a PM to a mod/admin when they see something they don't like.

Just an obsevation.
alpha434
Good call.

But change your avatar. We aren't here TO piss off the admins. We need to find a balance for peaceful coexistance and a way to "grow further".

Thats a "please change your avatar". From a member on the same level as you.

Jeroen
oh... come on...
mikey was deliberately pushing it, just to see if he could get a reaction from the 'badassmoderatorsomehtingfromhell'

well, he got it (very mild I may add) and then he starts crying about it screwy.gif
McMark
We can't please everybody. WTF are we supposed to do? Somebody's always going to be pissed. What I don't understand is why it's so friggin' important to blow up over the very very very few rules we do have. Yes, it should be self-moderating and yes, we're mostly "adults" here. But can't we be a little bit sensetive to the fact that people might want 914 content but might not want naked people. I know they can turn off avatars, I know they can turn off the images. But can't we all be friendly neighbors and choose not to post that sort of thing. Can't we all just get along!
rick 918-S
QUOTE (TimT @ Feb 14 2006, 06:53 PM)
hmmmmmmmmmmm

silly you Clay

silly boy

I joined in 2003.

Im well aware of the rules posted in 2006 because, counter your generalization in another thread I did read the rules..how dare you categorize "Us" like that.

And posting rules in 2006 that counter non rules or rules that existed previously will cause problems...

This forum is much better than the others out there, but it is getting less better every day...

Why do I bother... I have to pack... going to Costa Ria, then La Paz, Then Lima the Macchu Picchu

Don't like it tim, when you come back from Vacation don't check in. You new guys need to get a clue. This isn't your private place to come and kick your cat. Mikes a big boy. He knows better.
Flat VW
popcorn[1].gif
Eddie Williams
And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!!!
Jeroen
disapointing... this thread is just as boring as the other one
so I'm closing this one too
wavey.gif
seanery
QUOTE (Pinepig @ Feb 14 2006, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 14 2006, 06:54 PM)
Power trip?

Maybe.

It wasn't ever on mine.

One of the noobs just throwing this out there.

Would you rather loose a member that actually contibutes here or someone who lurks and will only send a PM to a mod/admin when they see something they don't like.

Just an obsevation.

Mikey does contribute. No doubt about that. But others who don't necessarily post may contribute in other ways...like sponsoring events and publishing articles and photos of your cars.

And please, it's time for a new avatar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.