Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name That Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
twdevoe
huh.gif I purchased this 914 in 1994 and have been working on getting it just right since. But theres two un-answered questions i cant seem to find who made the body kit (i bought the car with it on it) or just what options the car came with orignally. It has A/C Center console w/ gauges, Individual seats. No Anti-sway bars. the vin is 4742916732 made 04/74. I believe it had a 1.8L when i bought it. It then had a 2.0L and now its being preped for an LS1. Any info that you Guys/Girls can give me would be very appreciated. FYI my first car i ever purchaced was a 1972 mint 914 1.7L ever since ive loved them, this is my 5th and not the last. Thanks.
Aaron Cox
rayco...

and best answered in the garage
johnmhudson111
Looks like a 944 front spoiler and bumper.....
Eddie Williams
It looks like a homebrewed job to me. BUt I haven't seen a rayco, either.
sean_v8_914
its not a Rayco
redshift
Part of it sure is a Rayco... also, related to the bondo, and primer white one from ebay 3 years ago, that the guy's grandfather built from scratch.

M
sean_v8_914
here are some rayco pics for comparason. I have seen several Rayco renditions and perhaps I nay too soon
sean_v8_914
fdhfd
sean_v8_914
fdgdfg
sean_v8_914
gfutr
sean_v8_914
gffth
hijacked.gif
sean_v8_914
ghgfsh
sean_v8_914
ghjfdgjh
sean_v8_914
yrerey
neo914-6
why is this in the Resources forum? confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 15 2006, 12:12 AM)
why is this in the Resources forum? confused24.gif

see the arrow and the word moved?

smile.gif
twdevoe
I was told once before it was a Chalon II kit. i changed the rear bumper to the 916 style. i guess the quarters are more of a home job. heres a better picture of the front.
nomore9one4
Rayco did make another kit not as popular as the one shown. I do however forget what it looked like and can not find the paperwork. The car does look like a more modern chalon though! confused24.gif
Steve Thacker
Sean,
The pics you posted look just like mine. I do remember that Rayco produced some kits prior to the one I have and they were pretty basic. The one posted reminds me of my 944
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Steve Thacker @ Feb 16 2006, 01:04 PM)
Sean,
The pics you posted look just like mine. I do remember that Rayco produced some kits prior to the one I have and they were pretty basic. The one posted reminds me of my 944

Steve,you going to Hershey with the Rayco this year? hijacked.gif
Steve Thacker
Bob,
I highly doubt it. I'm not up on jack stands, but I haven't got my ass in gear to get the paint touched up, wet sanded and buffed. I have been pretty busy with buying a new house that the car has fell to the wayside. I should be ashamed.
Chris914n6
thats an earlier Rayco kit. he had a 911 bumper, a 944 bumper, and a mutt bumper. the red and grey cars are the last "boxter" style kit.

u are unlikely to find replacement panels, fyi.
rexarmy
That is one of the older Rayco kits. I had one of them for a year or two. I don't think they still make any. I live in St. Louis where Rayco was and did talk to them one time.

Dave
JPB
Good way to attack the rust and keep the 914 heart alive smilie_pokal.gif
Steve Thacker
This one is mine. This is a older pic from last year. The car is going back to paint to change the color to Viper Red. I'm not sure if my body style is the later Boxster knock-off or the earlier.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.