Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: scored a regeared tranny!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisNeff
I just received a big box on my doorstep today, a really clean looking side shift 901, gasket set and a new 2nd gear syncro. "S" 4th gear and "X" fifth. 2nd gear syncro will need to be replaced and while I am at it I may cannibalize my old tail shifter trans for a flipped 5th to 3rd or "KA". it will be my first trans rebuild, wish me luck laugh.gif

Smoking deal at 200 bucks and about $100 bucks in parts.

It was wrapped in two black plastic bags, then put in a box and spray foamed in. Took me a good 20 minutes to get the box/foam off the bagged transmission. This is the way to package material!
Aaron Cox
havent spray foamed one yet.../. thats genious tho!

i ship them all the time using a rubbermaid container
TravisNeff
Foam is so strong I had to pry it apart with an old 1.5" dowell.
Flat VW
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Feb 14 2006, 08:47 PM)

Yeah, but I've heard you cannot vouch for the guy.

John happy11.gif
Brett W
HUH?
TravisNeff
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 14 2006, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Feb 14 2006, 08:47 PM)

Yeah, but I've heard you cannot vouch for the guy.

John happy11.gif

He is just giving me shit because I vouched in your voucher thread and then once again here, lol
Flat VW
QUOTE (Brett W @ Feb 14 2006, 09:14 PM)
HUH?

My apologies Brett, just my bent sense of humor. screwy.gif

It does not always translate well to 'puters.

John wavey.gif
Brett W
I wanted Travis to post some pictures but he had already destroyed the box. Oh well. I was cool, just take my word for it.
Trekkor
Travis, the first time you take your car out on the open road with those new gears, you'll flip.

( don't flip )

You'll be so happy your face will hurt from the grin biggrin.gif

Great selection.

KT
TravisNeff
I can't wait! driving.gif
tdsmoonchild
hijacked.gif
Hey, since we are on the subject. What is the difference between the different gears. I hear there are many combinations. How do you know what gears you have, without the jack up the car, spin the crank, count the tire revs method (in case the tranny isn't installed yet.)
Brett W
You can count revolutions based on engine rpm or you can ask the fellow that built the tranny. With a 225-50/15 tire my car would turn 4200rpm at 80mph with that tranny that I sold Travis.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.