Full Version: ot: mig welder..anyone , anyone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
I swear someone was asking about buying a used mig welder

here's one on ebay ending very soon!

mig welder

welder.gif
rjames
That might have been me- although I just found a Miller weldpack 3200HD (which I think is the Miller 135) on Craig's list. Paid $500, looks like it was hardly used, plus it came with the cart, a tank, and an auto darkening helmet. welder.gif

Not sure I fully trust the concept of the autodarkening helmet (light travels pretty fast) but seemed like a pretty great deal all around!
seanery
Robert,
if it's a used auto darkening helmet test it out before you use it with while welding...I've been flashed by a bad auto darkening unit, and it's painful. I got a replacement unit and it's worked flawlessly ever since.
Twystd1
I blink my eye lids at the same time I pull the trigger. Gives the shield a couple of milliseconds to darken..

ALWAYS....

Twystd1
rjames
 I blink my eye lids at the same time I pull the trigger. Gives the shield a couple of milliseconds to darken..

That's the route I think I'm going to take. I does go dark as soon as you turn it towards a light bulb though, so that's a good sign...
Pretty excited to fire it up!
tat2dphreak
auto-dark helmets are much better... they are much faster than you can close a regular helmet... very nice I think I paid about 79 for mine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.