Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a well deserved THANK YOU to the admins and mods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
I for one (of many I'm sure) would like to thank the crew here who keep this site running. It's not a popular job to enforce rules but it must be done (sorta like cops but I hear the pay is better). Thank you too all those with "the power" and a special thanks to those who run the hardware.

914 content:
I just love this black car
user posted image
brant
I feel the need to post on this thread.
I still want to thank Andy and thank all of the Admins for VOLUNTEERING their time and GIVING FREELY their money to make this site exist.

I know I enjoy the company here and learning from everyone. From time to time I might dislike a persons statement, or action but that is a DROP IN THE BUCKET compared to how much I enjoy all of the people and knowledge on this site!

thanks

brant
VaccaRabite
Seconded. OKay Thirded.
Anyhow, thanks for the time and effort put into running this site.

IBTL

Zach
Trekkor
Yep, thanks admins for a tough job done well. clap56.gif

KT
rick 918-S
agree.gif clap56.gif wavey.gif The best place to hang out!

And the Best 914's on the planet!
BIGKAT_83
smilie_pokal.gif Thanks for the great job smilie_pokal.gif

Bob
Bertus
I would not have jumped back into 914s if not for this site. Thanks to all who keep it going!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (brant @ Feb 15 2006, 10:33 AM)
I still want to thank Andy and thank all of the Admins for VOLUNTEERING their time and GIVING FREELY their money to make this site exist.

I know I enjoy the company here and learning from everyone. From time to time I might dislike a persons statement, or action but that is a DROP IN THE BUCKET compared to how much I enjoy all of the people and knowledge on this site!

thanks

brant

agree.gif

well said!
Allan
I'm gud...

Glad the site exists.

givemebeer.gif
DNHunt
Thanks Guys
rmital
I'd be friggen' lost trying to get my 914 on the road without this site and the resources here....

....somebodies got to run the show...thank you to the admin's
and the members too for all your help.
Jeroen
bunch 'o ass kissers
laugh.gif
KaptKaos
I appreciate the admins and the people that keep this site up and running. It is the best place for 914 info, bar none.
r_towle
I like the atmosphere here.

Every once in a while, a rowdy person needs to be reminded that we all live on the same planet.

Thanx to the admins for all the hard work, and lack of censorship .

We have it really good....

Rich
djm914-6
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 15 2006, 11:20 AM)
bunch 'o ass kissers
laugh.gif

I sometimes resemble that remark. I guess I just like to oppose others. biggrin.gif
rmital
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 15 2006, 08:20 AM)
bunch 'o ass kissers
laugh.gif

...thanks to all admin's...all but Jeroen of course...
736conver
beerchug.gif clap56.gif
andys
Being an admin. of any list takes a lot of time and effort, most of which goes thankless. And thankless I see a lot of, from those that post constant complaints that freedom is being impinged upon. Few realize we WOULD NOT HAVE the club forum if it were not for their efforts. As such, personally I'm entirely prepared to abide by THEIR RULES. If I don't like it, I am free to move on. First and foremost, this list is about 914's. Oh, and I too must keep my 10 y/o daughter away from the screen while reading posts, which I find very disappointing.

Many thanks to the admin's, I do appreciate your efforts. You do an outstanding job!

Andys
WRX914
QUOTE (brant @ Feb 15 2006, 07:33 AM)

thanks

brant

very well said... agree.gif
Lou W
Thanks Admin.

Lou
brant
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 15 2006, 09:20 AM)
bunch 'o ass kissers
laugh.gif

Ditto what Raymond said....

I still appreciate all the admins except for Jeroen!

LOL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
brant
Jenny
jerkit.gif

Edit: Oh, wait. That's not the :ego stroke: smiley I was looking for. laugh.gif

Thanks for picking up the poo in the playground.

Jen
plas76targa
I agree a hunnert percent! Thanks to ALL the Admins, yeah Jeroen too.

Jen - LOL on that whipping post smilie!

jgullock
QUOTE (andys @ Feb 15 2006, 11:46 AM)
Being an admin. of any list takes a lot of time and effort, most of which goes thankless. And thankless I see a lot of, from those that post constant complaints that freedom is being impinged upon. Few realize we WOULD NOT HAVE the club forum if it were not for their efforts. As such, personally I'm entirely prepared to abide by THEIR RULES. If I don't like it, I am free to move on. First and foremost, this list is about 914's. Oh, and I too must keep my 10 y/o daughter away from the screen while reading posts, which I find very disappointing.

Many thanks to the admin's, I do appreciate your efforts. You do an outstanding job!

Andys

Hear hear!
morph
Great place to be,info, people,and the admins,benefactors,and the new bamfh.Make it all happen. smilie_pokal.gif
Brian Mifsud
I appreciate this resource. Thanks for maintaining and building it. It's not an easy job. And it's never OVER!
gopack
I agree. with out this "not a club", I would never be attempting what I am doing. and the guys that give so much of their free time deserve a huge thank you from all of us that stop in here to see what is going on daily!

Thank YOU!
MattR
I'd like to thank myself for being such a good part of the 914 community. Where would you guys be without me?

biggrin.gif

you know i've got nothin but love for the admins... especially aaron wub.gif
Porcharu
I LOVE this place. I rediscovered 914's here, bought my 914 from here and learned pretty much everything I know about 914's right here. I spent about a month rooting around the web looking for parts availability and general support before I bought another "toy" the amount of info here plus the product forum sold me on the idea of a 914. I have never owned one before (I did repair a rusted battery tray on the one I autox'ed once)
This is my home page.
Did I mention I really like it here. mueba.gif

Thank you all.

I forgot to add - just look at almost any other car "non club" site and see the stromberg.gif that goes on.
Cap'n Krusty
So we can say things which many people find offensive, like "bitch"("Say my name, bitch!"), "ass", or "ass kisser" (note the quotes, ALL from THIS thread endorsing draconian, heavy handed, and (ESPECIALLY) anonymous censorship), but some people can't post equally offensive pictures of human body parts (which I agree are juvenile and tasteless). You eat with that mouth? Many listers drool at the thought of entertaining visitors from out of the area at a local Hooters, and they're NOT drooling for the food. Others of us find that to be juvenile behavior as well. If we're gonna have rules, let's enforce them with an equally heavy hand, and let's get ALL non 914 and directly 914 related threads into the sandbox. That includes any threads that include token and meaningless references to 914s as a way to circumvent the rules. End of Rant. The Cap'n
reverie

Clay, Sean, Jeroen, Bamfh... thank you! smile.gif

I like what JP said about the dog poop.
Mike D.
I'd like to give a BIG THANKS, because without this site I'd have nothing to do at work each day! laugh.gif

I'm in a Union......

rmital
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Feb 15 2006, 10:36 AM)
because without this site I'd have nothing to do at work each day!  :lol:

agree.gif

I'm sure I'll be fired soon....then I'll have plenty of time to f'up my 914.
MattR
QUOTE (reverie @ Feb 15 2006, 10:34 AM)
Clay, Sean, Jeroen, Bamfh... thank you! smile.gif

I like what JP said about the dog poop.

you forgot AAAAAAAAAAAAron, andy, gint, mark, and brad

and rusty ph34r.gif
MattR
you fart knockers are taking this too seriously. this board is about 914s, and lotsa fun. I'll deal with morality, rule following, and bible thumpers the other 23.5 hours in a day, but the half hour i spend on the board reading slits' poems, britt's thousands of posts, alpha's rediculous claims, aaron's not gay comments, and skline's chalom stories are just FUN. Z was part of that, but he's gone.

I'm not blaming anyone. I know the admins have a totally different perspective because they have to actually deal with the shit. But to those of you complaining, have some FUN with the 914club. Thats what I do, and I'll continue to do whether Z is here or not.
djm914-6
Respecting others would make the admin's life easier. I've stopped my Bible thumping because it upset a few while at the same time pleased others. I don't want to give those in charge a hassle. Humor is one thing, disrespect is another. I've been here long enough to see the changes. I think for the most part it will help the CLUB to grow. A few may not like it and leave but many more will find it a home. I agree that it's not only about the cars, but also a community. A community of many different people.

ok, I'm rambling again.

Twystd1
Three things come to mind for me.

1) I am grateful as hell for all that you admins do.

2) You admin guys do this for your own personal reasons. What those reasons are.. I don't know. Yet you do the job.. For no money. You guys amaze me.. Period.

3) Because of the work you do. You change peoples life.
You admins create the enviroment for all of what happens on this board.

I think of all the BBQ's we have had in SoCal. How I met Sharp and Skline and Aaron, Mattr, Lagunero, Slits, Toast, and many more good men. And a couple of great ladys.

This is because of the thankless work you men do.

I couldn't be more pleased and grateful.

Because of you nuckle heads. My life is more full. I have a place to learn and a place to give.

This isn't how I feel.. These are the facts.

Again, thank YOU for all you do.

Twystd1
ThinAir
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Feb 15 2006, 08:23 AM)
I for one (of many I'm sure) would like to thank the crew here who keep this site running. It's not a popular job to enforce rules but it must be done (sorta like cops but I hear the pay is better). Thank you too all those with "the power" and a special thanks to those who run the hardware.

Amen!
Foster
beerchug.gif

On behalf of the lurkers, or mostly lurkers like myself.

Oh, and for Jeroen ......... KMA.gif
jonwatts
Kudos to Andy (and anyone else involved) in setting up the Sandbox and giving the non-club a chance to adjust to it, I think it works well.

This is a unique community of very talented people with whom I normally wouldn't be caught dead associating.
horizontally-opposed
I have to lurk a lot in a lot of places...

But it never feels like a "job" here. It's a great bunch of people and I'm thankful everytime I sign on...

(ass kissing komplete.)

pete
jgara962
THANK YOU!

aktion035.gif mueba.gif

pete-stevers
CHEER FROM UP HERE!!!
thanks guys!!! biggrin.gif
root
I like it here.
I don't know what's involved administering this Forum. confused24.gif
'Suppose it's a handful of experienced 914 owners volunteering their computer skills and time. idea.gif
I admire you.... I can't even find time to blog!......
Thanks for your efforts!
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.