Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Rod removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaiden
I've tried every way I can think of except pulling it out the back through the bushing Is that the way to do it? I just can't get it to come out of the shifter hole.

I 'm doing Por15 in the tunnel and I don't want to get any on the rod.

Suggstions?
JWest
Side-shift?
Jaiden
Tail Shift
gopack
I need to know too!
watching closely! popcorn[1].gif
lapuwali
You pull it back out through the bushing. No way it will come out up front. If the engine is in the car, it's possible you won't be able to completely remove it, but you can probably get enough of it out of the tunnel for your purposes. Sideshift bar will not come out of the car with the engine in place, but I now can't remember if I could sneak the tailshift rod past the mount bar or not.
Jaiden
hmmmmmm.... idea.gif I think I'll just zip tie it up off the bottom and Por-15 away!!

Thanks!
rjames
  I think I'll just zip tie it up off the bottom and Por-15 away!!

Are you going to use the Por-15 sealer or the metal ready stuff they make?

There's a long thread here somewhere that I started regarding both products (search my username if nothing else). From what I learned from everyone elses input, simply sealing it up won't help with the rust, make sure you treat it with Metal Ready first. I'm about to do the same thing, hoping I caught it in time.

Part of me woders if I couldn't just cut open the tunnel, treat it, or at least cut sections of it open at a time, then just treat that area, close it back up, then open another segment and repeat....sounds like too much work though. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.