Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing and reinstalling A-Pillar/Top Frame seal.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-8
Getting ready for paint. The large A-Pillar/top header seal on my car is in great shape. But I need to remove it for paint.

How is that done?? I don't want to damage it or the car! I think that is just about the only part I *haven't* removed or installed on a 914 over the years!
East coaster
I think your getting no repsonses because no one has ever had a good one to remove!

I just removed mine a while ago and it was in good shape. I just went very slow and careful and managed to get it off without messin' it up.

Go slow and uncinch the pillar trim (you see what I mean when you get into it)
914-8
Hmm, I thought I was getting no response because it didn't relate to avatars or boobies! laugh.gif

It seems to me the pillar rubber slides into the metal trim piece similar to the vertical ones on the targa bar. But how is it secured to the header? Is it just press fit on?

markb
I pulled them off of 2 cars recently. As said above, get it started at one end and side of the end, and gently but firmly pull it out. I didn't try to slide it or anything, I just pulled it straight out of the tracks. HTH, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.