Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rick ollah
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
shocked[1].gif to say the least!!! you can see why they painted it. black over shocking pink. every paint chip is a "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!".

k

rhodyguy
shocked[1].gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif
Bruce Allert
wha'choo talk'n 'bout Willis? confused24.gif

........b
rick 918-S
How much? pm me. happy11.gif
rick 918-S
It's quite shocking isn't it? ohmy.gif
GWN7
New car for the wife? wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Feb 15 2006, 04:31 PM)
New car for the wife?  ;)

aktion035.gif driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
oh, you found another one of the "Pink Brigade" ???

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
McMark
If I were in the financial situation to restore this car, I would do it in a heartbeat. ohmy.gif
Eric_Shea
I think that color's awesome... kinda purpleish. Got 70's written all over it!

What is it?

(sitting back waiting for the predictable Greg and Aaron to jump all over my $hit)
seanery
Ever since the 1st pink thread a while back I've been considering painting the bluecar pink. confused24.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 15 2006, 05:21 PM)
I think that color's awesome... kinda purpleish. Got 70's written all over it!

What is it?

(sitting back waiting for the predictable Greg and Aaron to jump all over my $hit)

not sure why anyone would question YOUR love for pink rolleyes.gif

and don't give me that line "it's salmon not pink" polo boy laugh.gif

Ferg beer.gif
rhodyguy
rich says it's "raspberry". def not a saver. just a bit better than #4 after the good stuff is removed. pass side door was jammed. wrapped a piece of wire around the inside door release and gave it 3 size 12s at the latch point. 5 years ago it was prob a ok car. typical sitting outside car rust for wa. maybe it's the color against the black. too much!!!

k
jasons
Whats the VIN?

JASON = 4732905939
RICK = 4732905940
GWN7
How bad are the bad spots? Post some pics of those please?

We all know that the cars on the West coast are all rust free wink.gif biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2006, 05:51 PM)
rich says it's "raspberry". def not a saver. just a bit better than #4 after the good stuff is removed. pass side door was jammed. wrapped a piece of wire around the inside door release and gave it 3 size 12s at the latch point. 5 years ago it was prob a ok car. typical sitting outside car rust for wa. maybe it's the color against the black. too much!!!

k

So what are you pulling off? Strip it to the shell and take photos before you cut in half. If this car can be fixed....
Eric_Shea
and don't give me that line "it's salmon not pink" polo boy

It's salmon damnit Jethro! (Do those other CO homos know you're here?)

Back OT... that's gotta be a rare one. Maybe I should paint the GT, Peter Revson 'Rasberry' (was that his IROC color? I guess they switched off...)
davep
This thread is useless without VIN, Chassis # and paint code.

Can someone make up an icon for me, please!
Eric_Shea
Did you try :TTIWWVC#PC:?? confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
kevin, i want the speedo out of that car smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 15 2006, 07:00 PM)
kevin, i want the speedo out of that car smile.gif

Are you saying you want a pink speedo, or a speedo from the pink car... cool_shades.gif happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
does the speedo look pink in the pictures?

didnt think so....
rick 918-S
Kev, post all the numbers. We want to see if there's any association to the other cars located.

BTW: did you know I owned a collision/ resto shop for half my working life...
rhodyguy
it's 23*. make me go and get the numbers. bootyshake.gif do you want that one or the other one college guy? if you were nicer to me i would sell you the one out of the "garage" car.

BRRRR the things i do for you guys rolleyes.gif

vin #4742916927

KAROSSERIE #165950

KUNSTHARZLACK #98

aaron and pink speedo are 3 words that should never be associated.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 15 2006, 05:57 PM)
Whats the VIN?  

JASON = 4732905939
RICK = 4732905940

vin #4742916927

JASON = 4732905939
RICK = 4732905940

Did we ever get the vin from the other car? I need to find that thread... idea.gif

BTW: Thanks Kev, It's freezing here too!
SirAndy
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Feb 15 2006, 08:03 PM)
Did we ever get the vin from the other car? I need to find that thread... idea.gif

hey rick, maybe the front end could be a donor for your pink car ???

idea.gif Andy
jasons
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 15 2006, 05:57 PM)
Whats the VIN?  

JASON = 4732905939
RICK = 4732905940

vin #4742916927

JASON = 4732905939
RICK = 4732905940

BTW: Thanks Kev, It's freezing here too!

I had it open in another window to find your and my VINs... No smoking gun here...

rhodyguy
it's such a strange color for a 914. i wonder if it some some sort of promo deal where they had a raspberry 914 and a raspberry 911 in the showroom at the dealership at the same time? "see? it's a porsche! they're painted the same color". if you special ordered one, it must have been a pretty good wait if it had to come from the factory.

k
rick 918-S
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 15 2006, 08:06 PM)

hey rick, maybe the front end could be a donor for your pink car ???

idea.gif Andy

I have a local car that may be a donor for the front. With all the snow here, I've been unable to go out and check.
I'd like to see someone buy the rusty shell from kev and fix it. Not like it's ever going to be worth repairing, (are any of them?) It doesn't appear that any of the Raspberry cars survived. At least none we've found yet. As large as this community is, you'd think someone would have one or know where one in usable condition.

I'm up to my arse with my Alien rebuild, but if things were different I would have started on Britts car by now. I want to restore one of the raspberry cars. That's my next project.

Kev, humor us with some pics of the car after all the stuff is out of the trunks, and off the floor pans.
SirAndy
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Feb 15 2006, 08:18 PM)
Kev, humor us with some pics of the car after all the stuff is out of the trunks, and off the floor pans.

agree.gif

damm, if only i had some space ...
dry.gif Andy
jasons
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Feb 15 2006, 08:18 PM)
It doesn't appear that any of the Raspberry cars survived. At least none we've found yet. As large as this community is, you'd think someone would have one or know where one in usable condition.

I shouldn't tell you this, but mine is real solid. A little hell hole rust, a little firewall rust, rear trunk rust. Nothing thats never been fixed before. It was a CA and AZ car so it hasn't suffered too hard. My plan isn't an original resto. But a flared car more in the spirit of a GT. I guess I will have to consider the original color when I get to that stage.

gayfight.gif

I really would rather have a John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Steve McQueen kind of color.
SirAndy
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 15 2006, 08:29 PM)
I guess I will have to consider the original color when I get to that stage.

dude! just think about it, you'll have the *only* pink GT car in the whole country!

biggrin.gif Andy
jasons
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 15 2006, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (jasons @ Feb 15 2006, 08:29 PM)
I guess I will have to consider the original color when I get to that stage.

dude! just think about it, you'll have the *only* pink GT car in the whole country!

biggrin.gif Andy

I'm pretty much an individualist (I think most 914 owners are, why else would you want something so different?)

But thats not as far as I planned to go. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I am acquiring parts that will address chassis issues.
davep
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2006, 07:50 PM)
KAROSSERIE #165950

Kev, you are missing the last digit of the chassis # (165950x)
rhodyguy
it's a balmy 16 right now. let me go check. now, that may really be balmy for you eastcoast, midwest cannucks and yanks., but we suffer out here.

k
rhodyguy
ok. there is a 1 for a last # that i originally failed to note. painted bumpers and rockers are coming off today. this will develope into a running thread re the raspberry. i may accidentally show some good parts pictures rolleyes.gif

k
rick 918-S
cool_shades.gif We'll be waiting with baited breath chowtime.gif
sixnotfour
Arent we all coming over after breakfast sat morn? popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
if folks want to, sure.

k
alpha434
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 15 2006, 06:37 PM)
It's salmon damnit Jethro! (Do those other CO homos know you're here?)

Jeeze, Dude. You're way too hip to the gay thing.

-the Alphster

What does the color plate say? Is it really marked as a custom color?
rick 918-S
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Feb 16 2006, 06:46 PM)
What does the color plate say? Is it really marked as a custom color?

Yep aktion035.gif looks like the 4th Raspberry (911 color) one that surfaced in the last year. None know to be unmolested. (re-paints, rust, damage, etc.)
alpha434
Send one of them to the concourse. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.