Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Line Replacement... in progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
The previous mechanics who worked on my car were smokin something silly. I keep finding the stupidest things on here. By the time I'm finished with this car it will be done the right way, no shortcuts or anything.

I pulled the fuel tank by myself without removing the hood. It was pretty easy. Just don't forget to remove the fuel fill tank and disconnect the tank level sender. I took a bunch of pics. It's pretty dirty down there. Tank looks good though. When some schmuck converted from FI to carbs they intentionally kinked and clamped the return line under the tank. They also shoved a bolt in the line at the engine side return. The fuel filter looks like the regular filter, except if u look closely the rubber lines are splitting at the ends.

And now the mystery... As it turns out there are solid metal lines in the fuel tank side. In the front of the tunnel the lines are also metal. Under the shift the lines are plastic! Is this the stock configuration?

Here are pics:
yarin
front tunnel.. still metal.
yarin
under shifter... PLASTIC! screwy.gif
yarin
rear firewall.. still plastic. the car was coated with some anti-rust stuff a while ago. i guess thats what is peeling off.

headbang.gif
Allan
The line are only metal at the front.
yarin
barf.gif
yarin
look no tank!
yarin
fuel filter.
McMark
That's the stock setup. biggrin.gif Nothing special there.
yarin
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 15 2006, 04:47 PM)
That's the stock setup. biggrin.gif Nothing special there.

What's the junction between plastic/metal like? Is it all one piece?

thanks
TravisNeff
Fuel lines in the the tunnel come stock like that.
McMark
The metal is "bumpy"/serrated and the plastic is pushed over it.
Dave_Darling
Check the pics in the "Tour of a Center Tunnel" tech article on the Bird site. You'll see how the stock lines go together.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...nter_tunnel.htm

--DD
mcbain77
My '70 1.7L lines are all plastic - no metal at the front bulkhead. Is that stock for all years?
Huff
I am changing my fuel line and have pulled my tank too in order to seal it with Por15 treatment. Anyone out there switched the fuel lines and can offer comments? I would like to replace the plastic with a stainless steel line, (I have carb conversion)but how do you get to the plastic line to get it out and how do you thread the new one in the tunnel?

Huff
yarin
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Feb 15 2006, 07:53 PM)
Check the pics in the "Tour of a Center Tunnel" tech article on the Bird site. You'll see how the stock lines go together.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...nter_tunnel.htm

--DD

Bingo... that link helped me visualize what i can't see.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...nterTunnel4.jpg

Perfect.. Thanks!
sean_v8_914
i was just looking for that article to see where the cables went

THANKS!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.