Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is Dirk Wright? Did he ever get his 914 done?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Who is he? Is he real? Where is he? Has anyone here ever met him? Any pic's of his 914? Any of him? What colour were his jackstands? Did he go coo-coo for co-co-puffs?

smoke.gif
lapuwali
Dirk Wright = Miles...

As I recall, Dirk Wright was on the old Rennlist mailing list several years ago.
davep
I think he got burned out , then sold out.
TimT
Dirk Wright = Peter Parker?

LOL dunno
GWN7
There are several threads about DWitis.......it started with a throttle cable replacement and ended up with a car in a pile of pieces which were finally sold......most common indicator of having this infliction is saying to your self "while I'm in there I might as well do......"

Yes, I used to have an insane streak like
that. I
took the whole damn car apart when I went to replace the throttle cable,
can
you believe it!?"

dion9146
The memory I had of Dirk was when he bought the zink plating kit and it seemed like he started plating everything he could. I felt sorry for the lad after a while...

D
redshift
lol
Bleyseng
I emailed him and he sold everything in a pile.
Eddie Williams
Hello... My name is Eddie Williams, an I AM Dirk Wright!
sanman
hello my name is Shawn and I AM DI welder.gif RK WRIGHT
Allan
My name is Allan, and I am not Miles Hendrix.
tat2dphreak
I thought dirk wright was Clay's alias? beerchug.gif

I'm sure there's something left for him to do, but the damn car is perfect in my bloodshot eyes
Eddie Williams
Hey SANMAN, we need to start the Southeast Texas Contingent!
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 16 2006, 09:29 AM)
I emailed him and he sold everything in a pile.

Ahhhhh...coo-coo for co-co-puffs!

balljoint
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Feb 16 2006, 06:28 PM)
I thought dirk wright was Clay's alias? beerchug.gif

I'm sure there's something left for him to do, but the damn car is perfect in my bloodshot eyes

Nope, Clay's Alias was "Dirk Diggler". biggrin.gif
gms
Clay just mentioned Dirk Wright disease so I figured I would search for him.
I typed his in google and it tried to auto-finish "Disease"
Click to view attachment

I also found him, he is still a Patent Examiner at U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
LinkedIn-Dirk Wright

I wonder if he knows people still use his name to describe 914 scope creep?
Chris H.
LOL! Yeah that has to be a little weird for him. I remember a thread YEARS ago and maybe on another site indicating that someone met him and he was very surprised to hear BACK THEN that he, his name, and his process of taking his 914 apart had become (or maybe were still) such standard terms in the 914 vernacular.

What was it that started the whole process again? Pedal cluster rebuild? Wait...SCROLL UP.... throttle cable replacement - (thanks Bruce) which probably LEAD TO pedal cluster rebuild, which then lead to...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 17 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Nope, Clay's Alias was "Dirk Diggler".

You been peeking in my window again? Jealousy will do that to you.

Dirk Wright was a member of the 914 board during the porschelist/rennlist days. I never saw pictures of his car, but what started the whole legend was that his nice, driving 914 started squeaking from the pedal box. So he replaced the pedal bushings in his car. He pulled the pedal box and rebuilt it with bronze bushings. Then he found some rust under the pedal box. So "While he was in there" he started cleaning up the rust. It ended up with him completely stripping the car down to the bare tub.

All because of a squeaky clutch pedal..........
gms
I remember he was rebuilding brake calipers one time and the next thing you know he was building a plating tank.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 9 2014, 06:04 PM) *

I remember he was rebuilding brake calipers one time and the next thing you know he was building a plating tank.

huh.gif

WTF.gif

Oh snap! that's me...I have DWD

owned.gif help.gif
Mike Bellis
Lucky for me my ADHD won't let me become Dirk Wright... w00t2.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 9 2014, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Feb 17 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Nope, Clay's Alias was "Dirk Diggler".

You been peeking in my window again? Jealousy will do that to you.

Not cool to use admin powers to edit 7 year old posts.

Now I just have to remember what it originally said.

idea.gif
ClayPerrine
I didn't biggrin.gif realize this was a 7 year old post......

7TPorsh
So if this is Dick...who is Murphy and why did he pass his law?

&%#*%^
rhodyguy
years ago there were pictures of his POLISHED engine case. polished engine case... dry.gif wacko.gif . some threads never die.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.