Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waking early from winter hibernation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
Well, I'm happy to report (well sort of) that the 914 that has been resting for the Winter will come out of hibernbation in the morning.

My wife took my pristine Lexus GS430 over to a friends house tonight driving-girl.gif When she comes home, she tells me that the mirror on "my car is off." I'm thinking she caught the 914 mirror coming in through the garage since she always seems to whack it accidentally, but no after soem "discussion" i find out she wandered off the road, taking the passenger mirror off on some inanimate object!

blowup.gif

Not that it is so bad, but in Atlanta, you simply cannot be seen driving around town with your mirror off like that.

Fortuntely for me, the teener started right up and is ready to meet my every requirement in the morning. It does not hurt either that tomorrow will be sunny and in the upper 60's. I'm happy to get to drive it, but sucks about the GS (all sympathy welcome).

If you see me in my silver '76, give me a honk or wave!

driving.gif

PS: Did I mention this is exactly why my wife never drives my cars? 2 years with the 914 and she has never even turned the key! (no offense ladies)
D1A3
No sympathy for the guy with a Lexus too, huh?
Allan
What is that, about a $600.00 part?
scotts-toolwench
I'm not laughing.....really.......okay, so yes I am! laugh.gif

I'm :chuckle: sorry :giggle:about :heehee: your :cough: car! :snort:

I'm sure your wife didn't mean to kill the mirror!

This reminds me of when Scott taught me how to drive....he let me learn in the 914....but there was this tension in the air....I know he was afraid I was gonna drive his baby into a house.....and I almost did actually but I hate that story so I ain't tellin.... av-943.gif

Hey, look on the bright side....you get to give the 914 a workout! laugh.gif
Toast
QUOTE (D1A3 @ Feb 15 2006, 10:08 PM)
PS:  Did I mention this is exactly why my wife never drives my cars?  2 years with the 914 and she has never even turned the key!  (no offense ladies)

Non offence taken. rolleyes.gif

:cryariversmilieforD1A3lexusmirror:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.