Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powdercoating Oven
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
user posted imageFor those that want to DIY powedercoat your intake runners and plenum I found a toaster oven big enough for the job. Of course I had to be that weird guy walking into Walmart with car parts in a ziplock bag, but it was worth it.

They are out of stock at Walmart.com and the store i went to only had a few left.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...duct_id=2189051

Only $50! This is the largest 110V toaster oven I could find. A 1.7 plenum will fit no problem, the 2.0 plenum might need to be proped up somehow. I haven't tried it yet. beer.gif

Gint
Wait until you try to get a plenum into that oven without knocking the powder off of the part. cool.gif
yarin
QUOTE (Gint @ Feb 16 2006, 06:49 AM)
Wait until you try to get a plenum into that oven without knocking the powder off of the part. cool.gif

Yea that's the tricky part.

I wish I had 230V in my garage. Someday...
Gint
Even that has it's challenges. Trying to get a rear control arm in a full oven without knocking off powder is a PITA too.

Steady hands...

Not these...

gayfight.gif
StratPlayer
This piece was a bitch to get in the oven without knocking the powder off but all went well and I'm pleased with the results
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.