Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Wheel Studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Where can I find some longer wheel studs to fit 2.0 Fuch w/ 0.25 spacers, and have enough thread to keep the wheels on?? Normal Fuch studs are too short. Any ideas would be great!!

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Dave_Darling
Long long ago, in a California town far away (OK, actually Sunnyvale) a Glossy Catalog outfit used to sell extra-long wheel bolts that worked with 914 wheels.

You might check the company that bought them out (different California town). Or you might try talking to your other favorite Porsche mail-order outfits, you never know... They might be able to get them as well.

--DD
Part Pricer
or, you could call Tire Rack and tell them that you need extra-long wheel bolts for a VW Passat (B5).
Dman
Are you looking for long studs, or long wheel bolts?
EdwardBlume
ar15.gif I'm looking for the wheel bolts. A local mechanic said that 924 Turbo studs worked but couldn't find any.

Passat bolts? Really.

Thanks, R ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
Sammy
The 924 bolts are not quite long enough. There's a place in Orange Ca. that sells longer bolts, real german stuff too, they're a VW web based mail order shop, wish I could remember the name. fairly cheap last time I bought em, they have two or three different lengths. Might want to check out a hot VW magazine, maybe they have an ad. I'll search around and see if i can come up with a name.

EDIT: I found the reciept, the place is called virtual World Parts inc. (714) 633-9924 or go to www.parts4vws.com
The bolts were uhhhh, pretty darn cheap, $2.50 each for the 35 or 42 mm lengths.
EdwardBlume
Thanks good tip.

Much obliged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.