Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey all you block-off plate designers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
How about a block off plate for the holes that the late model bumper mounts went through in the front trunk? Anyone have them for those of us that have switched to early style bumpers on our 75's?

I wonder what made me think of this?? Perhaps the rain forecast for the entire trip home from Joe's place this weekend?? :rustedtrunksmilie:
Allan
I was wondering about this as well when I backdated mine.

Most people just weld them up with some 18 ga. sheet.

I sealed mine with duct tape. biggrin.gif
SLITS
A circular piece of aluminum, held with 4, not 2 nor 3, the number shall be 4, pop-rivits should work nicely.

Or

You could ask Dike Boy (Yaroon = TBAMFH) to ride in your front trunk and plug the holes with his fingers.
MoveQik
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 16 2006, 02:03 PM)
I sealed mine with duct tape. biggrin.gif

For this trip, I too will be using some NOS Porsche duct tape. biggrin.gif

Just thought I would ask for the long-term, however.
sixnotfour
I used alum. , 2 bolts and some sealer.
Its always raining up here, but not today mueba.gif
Allan
I actually thought about using one of the retainer rings that goes around the shock as a template and having a couple of plates cut and drilled so it could just be screwed back on with maybe a bead of sealer in case someone ever wanted to go concours and put the original bumpers back on.
sixnotfour
Yep, simple- enter engman
Engman
I don't have access to a 75 or 76 but if someone wants them and has the retainer ring........

M
MoveQik
QUOTE (Engman @ Feb 16 2006, 03:22 PM)
I don't have access to a 75 or 76 but if someone wants them and has the retainer ring........

M

I'll see if I can find mine.
Allan
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 16 2006, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (Engman @ Feb 16 2006, 03:22 PM)

M

I'll see if I can find mine.

Lemme know if you can't. I think I've got a couple somewhere.
Mark Henry
Pop can and black RTV

Or if youe a 'gud 'ol boy' beer cans. biggrin.gif
Allan
I found one of the retainers. Where do I send it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.