Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was adjusting my Throttle Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
ohmy.gif

Well, I decided to try and adjust the slack OUT of my throttle cable, (THANKS ELLIOT dry.gif ).

I backed off the locking nuts and the threaded rod connections in the engine bay.

I then rotated the threaded rod assembly set-up in order to taunt up the cable.

It seemed so simple.

Well I guess, I have, somehow, whilst rotating the assemblies, disconnected the cable completely at the pedal, RAT FARTS! mad.gif

I have pulled the floorboard loose and I do not see the cable at all now. ohmy.gif

Comments, Suggestions??

John headbang.gif
MoveQik
You best get 'er done by Saturday morning!! You sound like me out there working on the car. Wish I could help. confused24.gif
Flat VW
My proof reading could use help too.

John blink.gif
Mike D.
You should be able to find the cable under the small access panel on the center tunnel right next to the pedel. small flat head screw holds the panel in place. take a flash light and a mirror....

Good Luck
SLITS
Vell, it should be hiding in the tunnel......take cable loose at carbs and push it all the way into the sheath....then crawl on your belly like a reptile (desert pun intended) and try to get your head near the front of the tunnel to take a look-see

in lieu of that....a flashlight and a mirror will work too! Yes, you can use your wife's makeup mirror, but you can't put any lipstick on.
Flat VW
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Feb 16 2006, 06:49 PM)
You should be able to find the cable under the small access panel on the center tunnel right next to the pedel. small flat head screw holds the panel in place. take a flash light and a mirror....

Good Luck

I will check under that cover.

John
VegasRacer
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 16 2006, 06:38 PM)
You best get 'er done by Saturday morning!!

poke.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 16 2006, 06:51 PM)
Vell, it should be hiding in the tunnel......take cable loose at carbs and push it all the way into the sheath....then crawl on your belly like a reptile (desert pun intended) and try to get your head near the front of the tunnel to take a look-see

in lieu of that....a flashlight and a mirror will work too!  Yes, you can use your wife's makeup mirror, but you can't put any lipstick on.

Can I wear her undies while attempting above?

John cheer.gif
SLITS
As long as you don't take pictures and post them.....It might excite John poke.gif
Flat VW
I've got Shaggy on it! wink.gif

John

P.S. Report back soon.
SLITS
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 16 2006, 06:59 PM)

John

P.S. Report back soon.

ohmy.gif Let me know how many parts I'm gonna have to FedEx O'Nite to you av-943.gif icon8.gif av-943.gif
gregrobbins

John

P.S. Report back soon.

Should we get Jake lined up for a rebuild?
ClayPerrine
You mean to tell me that you are trying to remove the factory slack in the throttle cable? If you remove that, you will get more horsepower, and then the 911 drivers will not be able to outrun you as much as they did before. That's why Porsche specified the throttle cable slack.

Seriously, you probably have a bad ball socket on the end of the cable, or it came unscrewed. If it came unscrewed, then either the jamb nut is missing or was not tight.
Flat VW
It came unscrewed at the pedal end, the jamb nut MUST have been loose.

I would guess before my adjustment it might of been hanging by not much. ohmy.gif

I think that MUST have been where all the slack had come from.

It went from droopy, before adjustment, to not quite a bass guitar string, after adjustment.

I glad to find it now, here, and not in the middle of the CA desert. unsure.gif

The Shaggster is re-assembling things now.

Thanks to All,

John wavey.gif thumb3d.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 16 2006, 07:05 PM)

John

P.S. Report back soon.

ohmy.gif Let me know how many parts I'm gonna have to FedEx O'Nite to you av-943.gif icon8.gif av-943.gif

rofl!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Flat VW
Peace has returned to the valley.

Just test drove her, seems tip-top.

Change of oil and a good bath and we are ready.

John driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 16 2006, 11:00 PM)
Change of oil and a good bath and we are ready.
John driving.gif

Now yer talkin' clap23.gif
shaggy
john just left for CA

ya I fixed it and it wasnt any fun either, thats a really hard spot to reach, also it makes it more difficult when every 45 seconds im being reminded by john how expensive the car is and to not scratch or break anything

no slits dont send parts i didnt cross thread anything

gregrobbins
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif SHAGSTER smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Way to go, now when are we going to see you in the White Lightening out at some autocross and DE events?
SLITS
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Feb 17 2006, 04:24 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif SHAGSTER smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Way to go, now when are we going to see you in the White Lightening out at some autocross and DE events?

I thought that stuff came in a Mason Jar and was illegal at AXs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.