Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake lights won't come on...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
I noticed that my brake lights are not coming on. They have worked before. All fuses have been checked and other devices work that are on the same fuse. Taillights and turn signals work as well.

I have pulled the floorboard, and checked the switch. The actuator arm is is on the "pedal" side of the master cylinder plunger and is *barely* making contact. From searching the forum's threads, I understand that the switch *turns the brake lights off*, but when the brake pedal is depressed, it moves *away* from the actuator arm. I tried moving the actuator arm back and forth and it does not seem to have any effect. However, wehn I push the brake edal down (no contact with the actuator arm of the switch) the brake lights come on. Is this normal? Is ther eperhaps a differnt kind of switch installed by the PO I'm not aware of?

The really strange thing is that last night after checking all of this, the brake lights seemed to work. Tonight on the way home from the office, they would not. Since this will be my driver for the next few days I have got to get this fixed!

Below is the thread I found most interesting, but I have the *opposite* problem. Brake Switch Thread

Any ideas?
rhodyguy
check the thread i pulled up. the fix is prob there.

k
D1A3
Which thread?

huh.gif
rhodyguy
about half way down the page. huh.gif where's gint the link adder when you need him? biggrin.gif

914 Wiring

Brake Switch Wiring

scroll baby!!

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.