Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for new windshield in SF Bay Area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
...is this current pricing?

What brand should I expect or look for?

Chris Pincetich
I hope so...I recently paid almost that much...with instalation I drove out of there in just under 4 bills. ohmy.gif

They did a great job though, all my nice chrome back in place.
EdwardBlume
Choose wisely. Most of the hacks don't know enough to install new clips and get the trim on right. BTDT
Terrance
$400?! That's still cheaper than my $700 993 windshield... Still need to fix it...
neo914-6
QUOTE (Rob Ways @ Feb 16 2006, 10:58 PM)
Choose wisely. Most of the hacks don't know enough to install new clips and get the trim on right. BTDT

Rob,

I will be installing it...after I paint a band on it. wink.gif

jonwatts
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 16 2006, 11:36 PM)
...after I paint a band on it.  ;)

That's what I want to hear about, what's the best way to do this? I saw Brad do it with Scott Yeaman's tube frame car, I think it was a special kind of paint pen or small bottle just for this purpose. Are there alternatives? I'd be in favor of a spray (more even coverage).
neo914-6
I've collected all the details, but I'd also like a fade pattern. That takes silk screan pattern. May have to do that part in decal or...

I'll email it when I have a chance.
736conver
You may want to search some more or find a friend in the glass business. The cost on these is $179. From there its anybodys mark-up.
This price is on a PPG windshield with tinted top. I would imagine different regions are different prices but they cant be that far off.
rhodyguy
SIGLA (german made) or PPG. i've seen some made in china or where ever, that fit horribly.

k
Scott
Call Rich @ HPH ....I have seen a guy there replacing windshields from time to time. Don't know the cost but its worth a shot just for the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.