Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iggee Seat Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76green
I saw this post a while back and somebody was thinking of springing for these. Well I did...and I am pretty happy with them...they fit pretty well and look decent...Check out the picture...
dkos
How much and where do you get them?

STL914
What colors are available? Are those vinyl?
76green
I got them on ebay for 179.00 and they have a bunch of different colors. Yes they are vinyl with about 1/2" of foam backing. Hope that helps!
rjames
Their website: http://www.iggee.com/shop.cart?action=CAT&ccode=P914

They look pretty good....

Does the seat cushion stay in place? I'm thinking that the little hooks that kind of hold
them in place will get covered up allowing the seat cushion to move around when
getting in and out.
76green
THe hook can still be use...just a little work to get it into place...
rjames
I may be going this option, but wonder how much it would be to re-apholster the seats
so they look original and new again. Has anybody priced this out?

dkos
QUOTE (rjames @ Feb 17 2006, 01:48 PM)
I may be going this option, but wonder how much it would be to re-apholster the seats
so they look original and new again. Has anybody priced this out?

I just got a quote on-line (so I don't know how accurate it is) to reupholster both seats. $1200.00!!! I told them I wanted them to look like this:

What prices are other people getting?
rjames
$1200?! Yikes, I could probably find a parts car with decent seats in it for that much. Bummer. Maybe I am going the seat cover route...
dkos
QUOTE (rjames @ Feb 17 2006, 02:03 PM)
$1200?! Yikes, I could probably find a parts car with decent seats in it for that much. Bummer. Maybe I am going the seat cover route...

That's what I thought. Like I said...it was just an on-line quote. I sent them the picture and they sent me a price. My seats are way down on the list of things to fix. The passenger side is original and looks ok. The drivers side is the problem. The PO reupholstered it with some sort of kit he purchased from AA. The material looks ok, but installation/fit isn't so great.

I just really like the looks of the plaid! aktion035.gif
76green
They do have some two tone options...
Porsche Rescue
World Upholstery has ready made kits which you can install or take to a local shop. Cost should be way less than $1200. I do not think it would be too difficult to do it yourself with some proper glue. Probably only have vinyl, no plaid cloth but worth a call.

http://www.worlduph.com/porsche6.htm
Bertus
QUOTE (dkos @ Feb 17 2006, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (rjames @ Feb 17 2006, 01:48 PM)
so they look original and new again.  Has anybody priced this out?

I just got a quote on-line (so I don't know how accurate it is) to reupholster both seats. $1200.00!!! I told them I wanted them to look like this:

What prices are other people getting?

Local shop here would install the World Upholstery seat kits for $150 a seat. The more upscale local place wanted about $1800 for materials and labor! Pretty wide range.
morph
We can have them done $650 a pair plus $50 shipping and all material/seats are paid for.

Hiedi
r_towle
What is the price for the World Upholsterey vinyl?

The whole setup is stapled on,,,a few hog rings...pretty simple really.

Rich
i love porsche
those covers are pretty nice!!

im having my seats reupholstered for 250 a piece
rjames
So on a similar topic, can anyone recommend a carpet kit?
BIGKAT_83
Did my drivers seat myself about $50 in materials due to a major mistake on first try. It was the first time I had ever used a sewing machine. Its been almost 3 years ago and I still haven't done the pass seat. user posted image

Bob
messix
that looks nice. how idi you build up the bolsters?
3d914
Hey Bob,

Did you use a Heavy-duty machine, or just your general house-use sewing machine?

And what about the contouring of the seats themselves - got pics?

Thanks,
BIGKAT_83
I'll see if I have some pics of the seat mods I made.
I used a freinds Industrial walking foot sewing machine.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.