Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1 side not firing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Noticed a real lack of power last week, tried backing up on the ramps and almost couldn't make it. Noticed the left HE was hot and the right cold. Definatly have spark on all cylinders and gass seems to work on both carbs. Unfortunatly the car is tucked away for winter, but what should I check come spring. Why would one side fire fine and the other no go.
Mike D.
pull a spark plug see if it is wet. one carb maybe flooded one side. have the plug wires been off recently? maybe they were put on the wrong terminal of the dizzy cap. check cap and rotor...

It's a start anyway...
ruddyboys
Car was driving fine, then going up a small hill lost power and sounded like clutch slipping. That was what I was figuring untill I noticed the HE was cold on right side. It also sat for about a week, so wet plugs shouldn't have been an issue.
r_towle
Well, i dont know what you have for a fuel system in your car...

So here goes.

DJet.
FI trigger points. located in the bottom of the dizzy...they fire pairs of injectors.

LJet
Relays. They are under the battery, commonly bolted to the battery tray. They fire pairs.

Carbs.
Float stuck, idle jet clogged, fule line issues/kinked.

Common
Firing order, wires may be on wrong.
FI grounds. All the injectors have individual grounds. they are on the case, on a top case bolt on the rear of the motor, on the passenger side...typically under the plenum...make sure they are clean, and connected.

Rich
SGB
QUOTE (r_towle @ Feb 20 2006, 07:00 PM)
Carbs.
idle jet clogged

mad.gif
yep. you should check those first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.